betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I see you have Lucky Bamboo too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #22 
Syriiven

Yup! Tomorrow I get to go get my snails and two new bettas and the live plants. Actually kept looking at your tanks and thinking about Pothos too, but I'll be looking for a different filter for the 10g. Mine is what came with the tank and it's too turbulent I think.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Thanks. My science teachers tank had sand snail algae and land bugs. I fixed the idea up. Many people do something like that.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #24 
Syriiven

Talking New bettas!

I'm so excited to share that I've adopted a new halfmoon and crown-tail =D Pictures are in my albums!

Seiya is a gorgeous little halfmoon! I think he might be a marble, but waiting till he's happier and more comfortable. He's very iridescent which makes him appear greener than he is in pics. He's very curious and isn't afraid of me getting close to his tank at all! The whole ride home he was looking at me, and when I was taking pictures he came right up close (thus some are fuzzy, haha). He's far more laid back than the other.

Kalec is a beautiful crown-tail - dark-blue with a peacock-turquoise/green iridescence! Honestly, that's why he got picked as I'm not as big a fan of CT's as I am HM's (including the dragonscale ones that were there also). He's been active since I picked him up. Not sure if he's just a very active betta or simply gone crazy from boredom from being in a cup.

They can see eachother briefly from the corners of their tanks (2 separate 1gallons that will get the proper heat and water changes until I acclimate tehm to my now cycled 10g) and Kalec was flaring out, doing his dance and Seiya simply floated there then swam off, as if shrugging off Kalec's challenge. ^^; One's definitely more laid back than the other.

Lol, I even fell asleep with them in my lap on the way home, I'm so lucky I didn't let go of them!

But now they're temporarily settled with good water, good warmth, even little hammocks I made for them =) And so long as I find them to be healthy over teh next few days, I can introduce them to the 10g probably this week.

As for the 10g, well I got a clear lid and strip light for it and moved somethings (updated photo with moss balls in albums) around so they'll have all the variety and hiding they need. Unfortunately the store only had moss balls and a bunch of other plants that were dying or needed bright lighting =/ So maybe later int he month I'll get more, but for now I think the marimo and lucky bamboo will do alright =)

Tomorrow I'll fix up the new whisper filter, adjustable heater, clear lid and light =D

I'm so excited, they'r like little jewels swimming about! Squee~

As for Demi, well...what I thought was fin growing back..disappeared. =/ I know she can't bite her dorsal, and I don't think anything could've torn the new growth...so I don't know. Gonna watch her and see if something's wrong.

And Phy...my little moody buddy. I made him his betta hammock too. And he's been ignoring it for the last two hours until just now. He seems confused but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it.

They're all so cute! Love em all!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
I'm so excited to share that I've adopted a new halfmoon and crown-tail =D Pictures are in my albums!

Seiya is a gorgeous little halfmoon! I think he might be a marble, but waiting till he's happier and more comfortable. He's very iridescent which makes him appear greener than he is in pics. He's very curious and isn't afraid of me getting close to his tank at all! The whole ride home he was looking at me, and when I was taking pictures he came right up close (thus some are fuzzy, haha). He's far more laid back than the other.

Kalec is a beautiful crown-tail - dark-blue with a peacock-turquoise/green iridescence! Honestly, that's why he got picked as I'm not as big a fan of CT's as I am HM's (including the dragonscale ones that were there also). He's been active since I picked him up. Not sure if he's just a very active betta or simply gone crazy from boredom from being in a cup.

They can see eachother briefly from the corners of their tanks (2 separate 1gallons that will get the proper heat and water changes until I acclimate tehm to my now cycled 10g) and Kalec was flaring out, doing his dance and Seiya simply floated there then swam off, as if shrugging off Kalec's challenge. ^^; One's definitely more laid back than the other.

Lol, I even fell asleep with them in my lap on the way home, I'm so lucky I didn't let go of them!

But now they're temporarily settled with good water, good warmth, even little hammocks I made for them =) And so long as I find them to be healthy over teh next few days, I can introduce them to the 10g probably this week.

As for the 10g, well I got a clear lid and strip light for it and moved somethings (updated photo with moss balls in albums) around so they'll have all the variety and hiding they need. Unfortunately the store only had moss balls and a bunch of other plants that were dying or needed bright lighting =/ So maybe later int he month I'll get more, but for now I think the marimo and lucky bamboo will do alright =)

Tomorrow I'll fix up the new whisper filter, adjustable heater, clear lid and light =D

I'm so excited, they'r like little jewels swimming about! Squee~

As for Demi, well...what I thought was fin growing back..disappeared. =/ I know she can't bite her dorsal, and I don't think anything could've torn the new growth...so I don't know. Gonna watch her and see if something's wrong.

And Phy...my little moody buddy. I made him his betta hammock too. And he's been ignoring it for the last two hours until just now. He seems confused but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it.

They're all so cute! Love em all!
Lucky you get a new Betta.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #26 
Syriiven

Thanks Chocolate =)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas are like Potato chips.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #28 
Syriiven

Wink

Addicting?! xD

Well everyone got their tank changes;

Demi -30%
Phy - 50%
Seiya - 50%
Kalec - 50%

Can't wait till I can move Seiya and Kalec to the 10g =)

Speaking of the 10g...

Daytime...

Night time!

Now all I need is to sponge the filter so the current's not too strong and maybe put pantyhose around the intake just to be safe.

On a side note....live/frozen blood worms are gross >.< So damn nasty~~!!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow you must have some big tanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #30 
Syriiven

I don't think so. Right now Seiya and Kalec are in temp 1 gallons that'll be getting daily water changes. Phy's in 2.5, Demi in 3g. The one in the pics above is only 10gallons. The stand it's on can hold up to 30 gallons tho....sometimes I wonder if I should've gone bigger.