Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 
Saphira101

Talking Saphira101's betta journal

Hi guys! this is my first journal here so please pardon my newcomerness. In case you haven't already seen them, here are my wonderful bettas:
Peach, unknown Male. I got him at Petsmart in July.
Name:  IMG_4679.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  23.1 KB
Merlin, CT Male. I got him from my LFS (Conway tropical fish & gifts) in October/November.
Name:  IMG_4685.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  28.5 KB
and, last but not least, Winter, CT female. I got her the same day as Peach at Petsmart.
Name:  IMG_4667.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  25.8 KB
I love all three of them to death. Winter currently lives in a heavily planted 10 Gal. all by herself, Peach also has his own 10 gal. with floating plants. Merlin is currently living in a (temporary) bare-bottom 1 & a 1/2 gal. Kritter keeper. I would have him on the divided half of another Betta's tank, But he freaks out and gets stress marks whenever I do. so, for Christmas I'm going to ask for a gift card to petsmart so I cat get him a lighted hood & live plants. (thankfully, I already have the tank and gravel) Merlin is in the kritter keeper for two reasons: one, because he freaked out on the divided half of Peach's tank, and two because I thought he had ich and separated him from Peach and started meds. then, I found out it was just a bit of fungus + fin rot. (thankfully the kind of meds I used were multi-purpose so they work for all three.) anyway, he's all healed up now and happy, and Peach (thankfully!) is unaffected. as stated earlier, I love my Bettas to death, but I can't help wanting more. (Betta bug!) unfortunately, I am banned from getting any more animals till January because my parents think I have too much on my plate right now. I have to demonstrate that I can spoil all of my other animals too. anyway, that's pretty much all I have to say right now. Until next time, Saphira.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Oh you really have some beautiful bettas! I especially love winter (that name is so cool to, think I will pinch it ha ha lol) Peach is a veiltail male by the way. Yes bettas are very addictive lol. I got one as a present on my 18th and within a couple of months I had 13 males, would have got more too but I ran out of tanks and space to put them....... Keep us updated on your bettas, love to hear about them and see photos
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #3 
Saphira101

thank you veggiegirl. I always wanted a veiltail... and I had one all along! LOL
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #4 
veggiegirl

and a gorgeous colored one too
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #5 
Saphira101

hi guys.
I did 50% water changes w/ vacuuming for my babies today. there's so much gunk in their gravel! but not Merlin's, cause he's in a BB. I do regular weekly water changes for them but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Peach's water was GREEN. (!) I figured something must be wrong with his filter so I got him a new one. I washed his plants too, because I thought they might be part of the problem. man, floating plants multiply like crazy! you only start out with one and then all of the sudden you have twelve. It's like the leaves start growing mini plants that break off, grow, and make more baby plants. it's cool really, until the entire surface of the water is covered in plants. then you have to either throw some away, or move them to another tank. I wish I could visit my LFS, but I'm so busy with chores and school (home school) that I don't seem to have time. oh well, sooner or later I'll be able to. then I can get Christmas presents for my fishies!! *evil cackle* well, bye for now, ~Saphira.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #6 
veggiegirl

Oh you get you bettas Christmas presents, that is so cool, just curious but what do you get a betta for Christmas? Mine get a tasty treat but I wouldn't know what else to buy them.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #7 
Saphira101

I would get them treats too! probably freeze-dried shrimp or something. :)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #8 
Saphira101

hullo guys.
nothing new with my bettas here except that I cleaned the gunk off of Winter's plants and replanted them. oh, and I set up my 5 gal. tall to grow more frill & ludwigia. (it was too tall for Bettas anyway) I visited my LFS today and fell in love with two more bettas. a wild-type female and a pineapple male. (<3) here are pics:
Name:  photo(30).jpg
Views: 183
Size:  38.2 KB
Name:  photo(31).jpg
Views: 186
Size:  67.2 KB
sorry they're sideways! (the female's colors can't be seen that well, she has little blue stripes on her tail and blue dots on her sides.) I would have brought them both home, but my animal-getting ban is still on so I couldn't. curse myself for not taking awesome care of my other animals!! on the bright side, my mom says that I am doing much better with the animals so the ban will last no longer than the end of December. still, a while to wait but it could be worse. Peach's water is no longer green, so I guess my filter is working right. yay!!
well, bye for now, ~Saphira
Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #9 
Saphira101

Gah! it won't let me edit my post! I had meant to say that I know the boy's a VT but I'm not sure about the girl. plakat maybe? if anyone knows, please say so!

thank you! ~Saphira
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 AM   #10 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Lovely bettas, the female looks to be a regular veiltail girl to me....