Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #1 
Syriiven

Talking New HM and CT Males added to the family!

=D I'm so excited! Went and got a bunch of things, including two new males for my split 10g and 4 marimo moss balls (they didn't have any otherbeginner, not-bright light needing plants =( ).

=/ Sometimes I really hate going to the store to see betta floating dead ni their cups. There were at least 3 dead, two more dying and barely moving at all, and a bright yellow VT that was having..convulsions every little bit....=( I felt so bad I couldn't adopt them all.

After a good ten minutes of kneeling before the shelf though, I chose our new halfmoon who has been named Seiya and a lovely crown-tail who we're naming Kalec. ^^

There's stil a lot of bubbles in the tanks >.< So pics aren't awsm, but ths is them after acclimating them for an hour and a half. ^^

I'm a little concerned about Seiya (HM) tho...it almost looks like he's dirty, but it doesnt quite look like dust..and I'm still no expert in identifying velvet...and his spine's a little bent =(

Seiya

Kalec

I'm sorry for the flash, and bubbles, and only semi-decent photos >.< I'll add better ones once the bubbles calm and I have a way of lighting these guys without a flash xD And I didn't want to bother them too much. Just let them rest in their little QT tanks for now until I decide they're both healthy and can be put in the 10g =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #2 
n3wport

I love your half mooon! He is a green bean!!! so pretty :)
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #3 
Syriiven

Thank you! I've gotten some more pictures that are a bit better, and after they got their hammocks too =3

Seiya

Kalec

I just love how they both have a bit of iridescence - Seiya more than Kalec, but on Kalec it looks like the green/turquoise on a dark blue peacock feather (as I will confess that's why I chose him). I'm highly suspecting Seiya of being a marble tho. Time will tell.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #4 
AyalaCookiejar

I have to agree... Seiya is my favorite, but they are both beauties! I love the names, as well. :) I just got new 3 gallon and 10 gallon tanks today and now I'm stuck with having to figure out what to do with them... haha.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Oh, they're both absolutely lovely! Seiya looks like an adorable little teal marble, keep an eye on him! Hes going to change on you! xD

I have to say though, I'm a huge fan of Kalec's blue coloration. I have such a soft spot for blues and CTs are definitely my favorite tail type....I'm a real sucker for a gorgeous blue CT with nice rays! I probably would have snatched him up right away!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #6 
Syriiven

I'm excited to see what Seiya has in store for me, though now I think he was mis-labelled. I think he's a super delta, his tail doesnt quite reach 180 degrees, but then again he may not be flaring to his full potential. Was running some flaring exercises through my males and Seiya seems far less willing to flare than the others. He might be sick, so a few days in the clean water will give me more info. Poor little guy. Kalec has a gorgeous flare tho!

And I'm so jealous of your good fortune Ayala! I feel bad about your water having ammonia, but I'd love tanks donated to me xD Not that I have room, but...eheheheh.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #7 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, yes! His friend gave him their old ten and three gallon tanks. He already has a ten gallon tank and was planning on giving that one to me when his fish pass away, although his two loaches have been around for five years. I am wondering what I'll do with all these tanks when I go to college :(

He may not be sick. He could just be less aggressive than others. My new betta is super aggressive and flares often and my older one doesn't flare much at all. He is very friendly though and loves when I put my hands in the tank when I'm rearranging so he can follow them around, lol.

Oh, and my tanks are beginning to cycle because both have less ammonia than the tap water, so I think I will be okay once I get prime. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and we're going out to eat in a larger town that happens to have a petco, a petsmart, and a specialty fish store xD They agreed to go there while we are there.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #8 
LittleBlueFishlets

Congratulations on your new finds! They're beautiful!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #9 
Syriiven

Hurray! I look forward to what you do with the tanks =) As for college...well...there's the chance you'll have a bigger dorm or a dorm-mate who won't mind the tank(s). Maybe you might make a fish-loving friend =D

Let's see, if I was tossed another 10g...well, that crap would be shoved off the dining room table we never use ^^; And...yea....umm...I guess the 3g could go in the bedroom by the bed (loL!) and then I'm running out of...wait! I could put a 10-20 on top of my dresser! Instead of having mess everywhere I`ll just have tanks! xD

Oh I can`t wait till bigger living arrangements

I`m hoping Seiya isn`t older, but I wouldn`t mind a a tamer betta. Phy`s a moody handful. Kalec seems...I don`t know. He reminds me of a kid on sugar.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #10 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Congratulations on your new finds! They're beautiful!
Thank you! =D