Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #31 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
But since my parents won't help with my fish, I feel like a fish killer... I don't think I really deserve a betta or any kind of fish, really. I don't even think I'd be good with having any animal...
Or maybe *you* are good with animals.... but your *parents* aren't.

So maybe *you* deserve a betta.... but your *parents* don't.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #32 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Or maybe *you* are good with animals.... but your *parents* aren't.

So maybe *you* deserve a betta.... but your *parents* don't.
they barely believe every word about bettas I say! I say "this betta is sick" and my parents say "no, it's not". what do they know about betta fish care anyway? ...

they will care more about a child than a fish or any type of animal, really. and they don't allow me to donate money or anything to animals. Don't animals need a chance too?
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #33 
Sena Hansler

You do deserve this betta. If YOU were bad with fish he would have been dead before Justin did that. If you were bad with fish, he wouldn't have lasted this long after Justin did that. You've got brains and you use them (plus you're young and have common sense) I will still say don't get a dog just yet. If he gets a broken leg, or just needs his shots... What if your parents say no?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #34 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
You do deserve this betta. If YOU were bad with fish he would have been dead before Justin did that. If you were bad with fish, he wouldn't have lasted this long after Justin did that. You've got brains and you use them (plus you're young and have common sense) I will still say don't get a dog just yet. If he gets a broken leg, or just needs his shots... What if your parents say no?
oh.

well surprisingly, my parents will actually help me care for a dog, just not my fish... and that also shocked me a little... but my parents are still thinking about it... <hmm)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Many people see fish as nothing more than disposable things. I feel people have forgotten to see the beauty in the little things - and the little animals!! I might be old fashioned with that, but I have gotten many people to realize fish aren't just to be thrown away. It's too bad your parents won't see it through your eyes!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #36 
Little Leaf

Unhappy "Can't they see? Fish are BEAUTIFUL!"

Quote:
Many people see fish as nothing more than disposable things. I feel people have forgotten to see the beauty in the little things - and the little animals!! I might be old fashioned with that, but I have gotten many people to realize fish aren't just to be thrown away. It's too bad your parents won't see it through your eyes!
Why can't people care about these little squirts? If King Dedede ever dies, I'm not too sure I can bury him properly because of my parents thinking fish are junk. When I first got King Dedede, my family put him in a vase... I researched about betta fish and then stumbled onto this site. they barely helped me for my betta, I told my parents that my betta needs a heater. but did they listen? nooooo, they ignored me!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #37 
Sena Hansler

If he does die, don't blame yourself. You have done amazingly good. I would hold off getting another fish (I know how hard it is not to have fish) until you are a bit older and your parents *hopefully* start listening.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #38 
Little Leaf

Quote:
If he does die, don't blame yourself. You have done amazingly good. I would hold off getting another fish (I know how hard it is not to have fish) until you are a bit older and your parents *hopefully* start listening.
My parents actually bought King Dedede for themselves, then, one day, I was suddenly forced to take care of King Dedede.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #39 
Sena Hansler

Wow. That isn't mature of them at all!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #40 
Little Leaf

Cool

Quote:
Wow. That isn't mature of them at all!
I know, right! and they don't let me get meds for my betta when he gets sick. thankfully, King Dedede has only been sick with fin rot once. No other diseases!!

(ps. I'm listening to gangnam style :D)

Tags
breath, heavy breathing, hurt?, sos!!, worry