Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #61 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to keep 3 Cories and learned it was bad. I got rid of some fish and got 2 more Cories.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #62 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Was it overstocked? Extra filteration stilll doent make up for room stolen.
every one has plenty of room in my tank. I have a filter designed for a larger tank and a U.V steralizer to make sure every one is happy.

I have 1 Male Betta, 4 Harlequin Rosboras, 5 Glass Cat Fish (which do not stick to the bottom as the name Catfish implies lol) and 2 Yo-Yo Loaches. The tank is a 10 gallon tall octagon.

Last edited by Okami; 12-08-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #63 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

As Aquarist we should always avoid overstocking.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #64 
nel3

this isnt a fish tank or anything but it does portray a fish is a prison. its 17seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyV0RsU1Ix8&feature=plcp
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #65 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Evil villian I wish we could put him in a coffin because they are so small.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #66 
callistra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
every one has plenty of room in my tank. I have a filter designed for a larger tank and a U.V steralizer to make sure every one is happy.

I have 1 Male Betta, 4 Harlequin Rosboras, 5 Glass Cat Fish (which do not stick to the bottom as the name Catfish implies lol) and 2 Yo-Yo Loaches. The tank is a 10 gallon tall octagon.
Sorry but adding an extra large filter doesn't make up for the tank size. The 10 gallon is just too small even for a school of only glass catfish, which can get up to 6 inches in length, so add the others and you're way over.. The Glass are also REALLY super sensitive fish and get sick at a pin's drop so it's important not to overstock them. Sorry. Not meaning to make you upset, but hoping you'll relook at your tank.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #67 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to have my twenty gallon badlt stocked but got rid of fish added two cories to my school. The only problem now is the guppies I dont like jump out of nets.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #68 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Sorry but adding an extra large filter doesn't make up for the tank size. The 10 gallon is just too small even for a school of only glass catfish, which can get up to 6 inches in length, so add the others and you're way over.. The Glass are also REALLY super sensitive fish and get sick at a pin's drop so it's important not to overstock them. Sorry. Not meaning to make you upset, but hoping you'll relook at your tank.

Really? Huh, they seem fine to me its been a couple months with no problems. I was unaware glass get 6 inches i thought only half that O.o. As soon as i start to see a problem I probably will re-home them and go for a glass species that doesnt get so large.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #69 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The problem is you dont overstock very sensative fish.