Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #241 
pyro fiend

meh silk is costly tho =\

1 day maybe but tbh im geting tired oof looking at it and im bout to start a new project making an old consle tv into a lizard tank so i kinda need the money for the clear coat to waterproof it and stuff ya know? idk im gona see if it sells if it dont soon ima keep it
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #242 
prodrumernate

atleast its cheaper in the long run :)

any luck selling it?and a home made lizard cage is a great idea...id like to know how it goes
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #243 
pyro fiend

no lck yet =\ n i thought so to itd be unique =] especially sence im recycling a old tv lol
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #244 
prodrumernate

i would even post a few signs outside on corner streets as well..yes that is a unigue idea.ive seen a couple old crt monitors turned into a fish tank..but a tv would be unique and havent seen it done :)
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #245 
pyro fiend

meh im not that desperate. iv been getting nasty emails ppl tink im trying to sell it as a fish tank [tho it says reptile tank] and keep cursing my name.. even tho he 2 who was going to use i as fish tanks i told them what needed to be done and they changed their minds

lol iv seen the same with computers, even seen old tvs turned into fish tanks [usually its just a tank inside it but not always] i have seen a tv turned into a reptile tank but the ones iv seen r like tube tvs or its a big screen and they did crap jobs i plan on taking my time with it and making i look the best i can =]

so hows work n the tanks? sence like a year ago when you messaged me iv moved the dragon and oto;s dragons in the 20 and otos in the 5g side. ik its small but it wont be forever.still debating on setting up the 55 but thats so much work... also plants r growing back a bit had them floating in the 10 now most r ack at least 10-20% some have weird wavy leaves tho due to the current and lighting lol =\ so i put them in the gravel lol im picky on my plants.. also all the stems rotted away and most of my asian water fern is no good... like 1 leave left n it seems to look like its the main one so ima keep it in there till it rots or grows. not the prettiest plant tho so idc. tought was a normal plant it had a rhyzone so i didnt like it lol but yea theres my update.. both boys r in 1g;s and happy[ish mean guys never happy] girls are in the 2.5/3 sized parts of divider. tho i think one of girls might be a guy not sure idc they both have egg dots but ill have a breeder tell me some time im pretty sure its a girl tho i see no beard... the unknown girl likes to eat my finger =0 kinda cute she also runs her side against my finger when in the water lol sherberts such a cutie XD im luving her more n more =]
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #246 
prodrumernate

thats people these days.dont want to read the print and realize what it is being sold for.

if i had the room.id grab an old tv thrown in the trash here and make 1 myself.of course take my time as well.no need to rush it.

i actually did a test on my 20g hex.i kept noticing my fish not so active and wanting to eat.also had 1 of my rosy reds jump out and i didnt notice for several days.after testing last night.i was shocked to see my nitrates at 160ppm.i immediately started changing water.fish r more active now.haha a year ago..last weekend i was baby sitting and didnt have much of a chance to get on.

it maybe a lot of work but worth it.im glad toknow the plants r growing back.my plants r growing back as well.after them nearly being dead.i also have new bulbs for my aquariums.alot of my stems have rotted away.it sounds like things r getting better but just taking time
Old 11-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #247 
pyro fiend

woo just a bit on the high side there. i keep all my tanks wc's in scedual. sometimes i let my 1g's sit for a day extra instead of doin like 4 dif w/c's a week i get lazy or something and skip one of the 50's but i keep my big ones clean. id hate to ave y nitrates that high. yikes thats almost scary o.0

im still trying to get the tv lol fams always saying not today not today.kinda depressing i had hgh hopes lmao ;( i even went so far as to run around my room measuring everything to make sure itd all fit in some form without being controlled chaos durring wc's and cage cleanins lol but i might be getting my hands on one of those cages that petco uses that have 2-4 tanks stacked for rodents and sometimes reptiles :) so if i dont get my tv ia try to get one of those from the guy. hes selling his animals tht r in it now and the last snake either goes with the cages or i get them i hope a breeder buys the snakes and tells him to keep the tanks ;D
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #248 
prodrumernate

i know..i didnt realize it would get that high..well that fast.,.with work and all ive been so busy.and over the weekend i was baby sitting.but by this weekend i plan on doing another 50% on it and do it a couple more times to lower the nitrates.the other parameters are fine.but my fish are more lively and enjoying their tank more.so i must have lowered it a lot.

heck i wish i had room and could come across something like that.i say either way u got urself a deal.especially if u can some how get some wood and make a big stand to stack a couple tanks ontop to make more room for tanks :) i seen a 28g bowfront at petsmart with a nice stand i wanted to get.told my dad.he didnt say no.though no room in here.im sure i can work something out.especially after i mentioned salt water tank ;)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #249 
pyro fiend

salt waters alot more dif from fresh tho man. 29 bow would be nice. then you could always plant all your plants in there. and buy a few more girls have you a lil sorority ;P then you can sell one of the 10s or even both and use the small ones for your males :P or could put mollys in the 28 and make dividers in the 20? o.0 [unless its tall ik the 50 and 80 hex in my basement isnt tht tall but i think the smaller gallons are]

i thought about making a tank stand for many snake tanks. i got a rack [similar to a stand but holds storage totes of apropriate size. and need to run heat tape to it tho] but i like the tanks in out winters cuz i can use red heat lights [20sum degrees last few nights lol] itd cost more to buy a bunch of tanks and put them on the rack then to buy the tanks from him. this petco style rack has the tanks on a oller sytem similar to a dressers drawers so it conserves space and i wont have to move any tanks with any effort to clean them [as wit the wood id need to lift and move]

i feel ya on the room arranging tho im bout to do the same thing with my room i literaly have my room wall to wall with crap [not junk tho] and i have 3 doorways i cant block in a 12x11 room lol right now i have like 100sq ft of the room covered but once i reorganize ill have it a lil better. i hope anywho :P gona make it a lil more functional for me. so i dont have to run all around the room to do things. lol like the head of my beds inbetween 2 doorways to bathroom and closet. i keep my bedding and food for rats in the closet wiel rats r near bathroom door. to clean my rat cages i gota use a storage tote put the rats in it. walk around my bed [so dont make a mess of bedding or the trash bag on it full of dirty bedding] get some bedding from closet. and walk around to the cages bout 3 times for 2 tanks [can move the other] lmao its annoying. walk a mile once a week in just changing rats bedings lmaoo thankfully there is a faucet on both sides of my rooms. so filling water dishes/bottles and filling up the buckets for dechlorinization is a breeze

damn that was a lot to type XD
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #250 
prodrumernate

sorry for the very late reply.been busy because of the holidays,work and birthday ;) i just got back from my party and decided its time i get back on here...

i have been clearing out a lot of stuff in my apartment.thus a big reason i havent been on lately.moving my computers around a lot.packing things.putting in storage...hopefully ill create more room for a bigger tank as mentioned above.using like a 10g for a SW.

that would be great to have that petco style rack.wish i could even get one for my aquariums..of course id have like electric motors that would roll them out at an even slow pace so i wouldnt strain myself with pulling that much weight and going to fast or slow splashing water everywhere etc..i guess its why they dont do it with aquariums ;)

ur room is crowded...i sleep in the living room as i live in a 1 bed room apartment with my dad and step mom.so of course i get the crapy spot.its now packed with totes that i get each pay check to pack things i dont use and to re organize my storage.we will hopefully be moving by february to a bigger place so i can finally have my own room.my dads job is moving locations.bad thing for me its in opposite direction of my work.though we will stay in general area since we r in the middle of where our jobs will be located...driving 15 miles one way.