Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #21 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgradowski View Post
Wow. Tooms is such a neat color! I've never seen a betta that color before! Very neat.
That was exactly my thought when I saw him at Petsmart! I just had to have him, he was so unique looking! Thanks :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #22 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
It's funny, because before getting Krycek I'd never seen a betta that looked like him before!

You did a great job with yours, he looks amazing now compared to what he was when you got him. :)

Thanks! I stupidly did a massive water change and gravel vacuum . now I'm stuck with daily water changes until the cycle recovers.. ... First I had a nitrite spike... (which I haven't seen in 2 years in any tank) and now an ammonia... good thing water changes are easy in 5 gallon tanks...
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #23 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
That was exactly my thought when I saw him at Petsmart! I just had to have him, he was so unique looking! Thanks :)
I had an all silver male king plakat before I got my CT... but he decided to find the small hole in his mini bow and jump out :( We really do have very similar taste in fish!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #24 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
I had an all silver male king plakat before I got my CT... but he decided to find the small hole in his mini bow and jump out :( We really do have very similar taste in fish!

I have had bettas my whole life, and they have all been your standard red or blue VT until my betta before these 2, Scully, who was an Orange VT with a little bit of marbling. I had seen CTs before, but never noticed all the other tail types at Petsmart/Petco before! It's kind of fun to have something new and totally different!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #25 
rmarkham

Totally! I have a plakat (who is sick with an eye thing at the moment...has been for a few months and it won't go away!) and this CT... and I always want more! But... until I get a house.. no room... every surface I have is covered in a fish tank... or a gecko tank.... even thought I could find room if I had too.....
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #26 
carbonxxkidd

I felt the need to update this thread with a couple pictures from today. Tooms's colors have darkened up but he is still basically silver with red marbling on his fins. He does look copperish at certain angles though and when there is a light shined on him - it's kind of neat. I've attached a photo (with flash) so you can sort of see what I mean.

Here are a couple photos of Krycek...he is much harder to photograph! Tooms poses like crazy and Krycek just wiggles around too much begging. :P

Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #27 
sunlight

Gorgeous!!!
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #28 
carbonxxkidd

Just took a couple videos of Krycek and Tooms. Krycek has been flaring like crazy all night, and he usually doesn't do that so I just had to film him. Of course my good camera won't focus on the fish (doesn't have manual focus) so I had to use a different camera that isn't nearly as good of quality as I'd like...but you get the idea. It was hard to tell if I was in focus or not with the tiny screen on the camera so this is the best I could do...sorry :(

I'm pretty sure Tooms has been doing a little bit of tail biting, but good news is he seems to have stopped (it's not getting worse). I also noticed a hole in Krycek's dorsal fin that I don't think was there before (hard to tell because he usually doesn't flare as much)...not sure what that is about.

Video #1
Video #2

(I just rewatched these videos on YouTube and I sincerely apologize for the terrible quality! I will try again with my other camera at a later time...for some reason it just really has a problem with the autofocus and focusing on the fish :( )
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #29 
sunlight

with tail biting you just need to keep water super clean, may be do extra water changes to prevent infection. Otherwise they act pretty healthy. Never had 2 bettas in one tank so not sure if they will used to each other and stop flaring then.

sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #30 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
with tail biting you just need to keep water super clean, may be do extra water changes to prevent infection. Otherwise they act pretty healthy. Never had 2 bettas in one tank so not sure if they will used to each other and stop flaring then.

Unfortunately they aren't flaring at each other :( it's their reflection in the front of the tank. They only seem to do it at night when their light is on but the room light is off. Other than that they seem happy, I'm crossing my fingers for my first bubble nests soon!