Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #1 
ImStillLearning

Sleeping fish

So my boy Damon is quite interesting. He has a habit off sleeping under his jaguar skull on his side? Is it weird that he sleeps on his side under the front of it?
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

I don't think you have anything to worry about, bettas often sleep on their sides at night when it is dark, if your betta lays on his side for long periods during the day that is another story and a possible sign that something is wrong. I had a betta called Houdini who used to sleep under a 'bridge' ornament every night So is it night or day that your betta sleeps on his side?
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 
emeraldmaster

Besides... alot of bettas tend to have weird habits, i've got one that intentionally lets himself be sucked to the filter so he aint got to worry about staying in one spot (he had swim bladder). Soft flow on the filter so he can easily get away.
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #4 
sainthogan

Mine is still struggling with a swim bladder issue, and he goes into his pineapple, curls up, and floats to the top of it. Sometimes I freak out because I can't find him, but if I squat down and look inside to the ceiling of his pineapple, I can usually see his nose. Then he sees me, pokes his nose out, then wiggles his way out to be fed.
sainthogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 
aemaki09

I have a girl that gets her tail sucked into the filter to sleep sometimes too because she doesn't want to move. It's scary sometimes, I've thought she was dead on occasion.
I also have a male that will wedge himself between the heater and glass.

Betta's all have different personalities, and with that comes different quirks.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #6 
RoMay

I bought my betta a fake plant that had like a cave so she'd stop digging into the glass gems to get under the other fake plants. She doesn't sleep in the cave, in stead she made a nest in the japanese moss. She literally ate a patch of moss down; that is where she sleeps on her side.

-edit-

She attacks the turkey baster or scoop when I am trying to clean the cage or remove a film that occurs when I feed her dried blood worms.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #7 
ImStillLearning

It's always at random times that Damon sleeps under the jaguar jaw. He's a very healthy boy. I just find it interesting that he slips himself under that tight space to sometimes sleep.
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote