Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #81 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixies View Post
How many drops are in 1 ml? The water conditioner I have says 5ml or 1 teaspoon for every 10 gallon, so it's 1 ml for 2 gallons right? but I don't have anything to measure it! I can only let it drip out, so that's why I need to know how many drops, I guess I would have to tell you how big are the drops, but I don't know..
It really depends on the conditioner and how large the drops end up being.....so I'm afraid I probably can't tell you, you'd have to measure it out yourself with something.

You could head over to the drub store and get a little syringe meant for medication, that should be able to measure the conditioner out for you.
Water conditioner measurement doesn't have to be perfectly exact....a little extra conditioner never hurt anyone....but since it doesn't tell you how many drops to use, it would probably be a good idea to actually measure it out with something instead.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #82 
Twixies

It's ok, my dad got me 5ml and 1ml syringes from the hospital (he works there), still in the packages so they're clean (: thank you though
Twixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #83 
DragonFish

Haha, thats perfect then. xD Awesome.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #84 
xtcking

Twix, Dragonfish and Ayala. Thank you guys a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided I was going to get a betta last week and joined this site to do some research so I knew what I was getting into. this site has taught me so much. This thread in particular has probably answered 99% of the questions I would have within the 1st 2 weeks of owning a betta.

I am so glad I read this entire thread over the past 2 days.

I'm setting up the tank display now and going to get my fish in a few hours!

ps. I have probably tripled in excitement since I started reading. you guys deserve a medals or something!!
xtcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #85 
DragonFish

Oh my, I think you deserve the medal for going through and reading this whole thread!! I'm not sure if I would have had the patience to do that! xD

I'm so glad this thread was so helpful to you though, and good luck with your new finned companion! I'll be looking for the picture thread! :)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #86 
AyalaCookiejar

Haha, I post on so many threads, I'm not even sure what this one is about.. :p this site will definitely help fuel your addiction. I had one tank and one Betta when I joined, now I have two bettas and four tanks that will soon have bettas :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #87 
Twixies

Hello xtcking, you know, I didn't even know I was helping someone, but I'm glad I am, I'm just asking questions that I have, and I guess many other new betta owners have similar questions. I agree with Dragonfish, you're the one that deserves a medal for reading the entire thread! There's 9 pages in this thread, that's quite a lot to read. Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to add on to this thread or start your own, I'm sure Dragonfish will be there to help and I may be able to answer a few questions with what mininal experience I have so far (:
Twixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #88 
xtcking

well guys I got the rest of my stuff today! including my new buddy, Creo!. im going to call him creo williams and say he lived down a dirt road and made home made wine like nobody I know. (not that anyone will get that reference.)

Im currently waiting for the water temp to adjust before I put him in. so hes sitting in his cup ( ) next to his new tank. he keeps looking at me then swimming over to the tank side and then swims back and looks at me. its crazy!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #89 
DragonFish

Congrats on the new finned companion!! I have to admit that i don't get the reference, but I do like the name! Very unique!
Haha, I bet hes just as excited about his new home as you are! How cute!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #90 
xtcking

ill probably make a thread and post pics of the tank and him and everything. just to be sure its set up the best I can make it! the tank temp is about 80 right now. im just about to start the transfer!