Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #21 
ThePearlFish

OMG!! Harry Potter! I could watch all of those movies ten times in a row and not get bored of them. I haven't read any of the books yet though! LOL!!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #22 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
oooh... Star Gate. Another goodie.
*nods* indeed (lol). sg1 is great, Atlantis is nearly as good. SGU too slow and more of a journey type od show than a action packed show. sgu is decent but its inferior to the previous ones. it would've been better if they introduced those drones earlier and had more resources for the ship to do some actual fighting. the series started stong then lagged. the endingwas a tantalizing cliffhanger. id like to see it continue but they'd need to make it quicker paced to let it come back.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #23 
Joytattoo

as far as gamming goes id talk to my boy friend thats his nerdy side and no ones mentioned dr who !!!
Joytattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #24 
Silverfang

I could never get into SGU. Took me a while to come around to Atlantis. But meeting the "crazy Chezk" was fun. And inspiring.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #25 
nel3

i did get into SGU for the slow paced story. i do like such a thing once in a while but i was used to seeing more fights than just resource acquisition missions. my level of interest was maybe 4 of 10 (10 hi) SG1 and SGA were more 8-10.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #26 
Sparrowhawk

I could never really get into any of the Stargate series... Though I have been told you must persist past the first few episodes before it gets really good. Is that correct, SG fans?

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #27 
RoMay

Stargate- speaking of - does anyone remember Farscape?

Tolkien fan right here, always loved his work. My nana had the OLD Tolkien books. I think I may still have a few (curse the move to CA so much lost).
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #28 
nel3

if you want to get into Sg then only see SG1 and maybe SGA (based on personal preference). the 1st stargate movie was a bit slow paced but it got into the action suficiently. i think the first 2 seasons you just get into the politics of the universe then they diversify once the various races have a established background. there are alot of space battles but those come later on in the series.

ive seen farscape for a few minutes but the weird aliens do take time getting used to. it sounds a bit hypocritiacal given i watch SG but other series have some weried aliens. i do get used to them eventually (except Magog ie Andromeda).
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #29 
RoMay

The one reason I bridged stargate and farscape is the actor that played John Crichton went over to stargate to portray Cameron Mitchell which there abouts I stopped really watched Stargate when Telc started getting his hair back.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #30 
Silverfang

For Stargate SG1 you really need to watch the first half dozen or so episodes to get into it. At least until the one with the Nox.
The original Stargate movie is a bit confusing, if you transfer to the new cast, or vice versa.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote