Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #11 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I was thinking the same thing. LOL!
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Oh! Oh! Me! I admit to tank hoarding! xDD

Well, probably not TECHNICALLY a hoarder by definition or anything, but I've got a lot of tanks. xD Ran out of desk and shelf space for my most recent one, so currently its sitting on a stool until I find some old nightstand or cabinet to put it on. xD
I have a grand total of 13 tanks, but the 46 bow is still boxed up in the garage and its so old now dad and I are a little worried it might not hold water for much longer so it might just go to the lizard, and my 20 long currently is home to my Leopard Gecko(though if she moves I plan on turning it into a Sorority again). Out of the other 11, 10 are filled and home to my 15 fish. 4 tanks are on my computer desk, 5 are on an old bookshelf, my 10 gallon has its own stand, and then one of my 5 gallon minibows is on a stool.

I don't have pics of everything and my SD card has mysteriously gone missing, so I'll have to post pics later. xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #13 
DragonFish

FINALLY have some pictures!

Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #14 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

WOW. i am myself thinking of adding more thanks to my collection for now i have 2 55 gallons and trying to get a couple 10 gallons.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #15 
homegrown terror

i think to be considered a "hoarder" wouldn't be based on the number of tanks, but the quality of care given to each individual tank/fish. one person could have 20 individual betta homes and treat them like fishy gods, but he wouldn't be a hoarder like the guy with five murky, unheated betta vases.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #16 
aemaki09

I have 5 in use, but these are the only 2 I have pics of right now, all my male tanks look pretty much the same anyways

Sorority Tank

Male tank
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #17 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
i think to be considered a "hoarder" wouldn't be based on the number of tanks, but the quality of care given to each individual tank/fish. one person could have 20 individual betta homes and treat them like fishy gods, but he wouldn't be a hoarder like the guy with five murky, unheated betta vases.
Pretty sure you have the right definition of a hoarder but i meant it more like being buried by tanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #18 
hannah16

I've seen two 10 gallon tanks here, divided into 4 pieces. Is that okay? How often to change the water? Shame on you people for giving me ideas for my 10 gallon I'll be getting next month!!
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #19 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
I've seen two 10 gallon tanks here, divided into 4 pieces. Is that okay? How often to change the water? Shame on you people for giving me ideas for my 10 gallon I'll be getting next month!!
it's okay, but not ideal. i'd rather get a 20 long and divide it five ways, or just do a 10 in either two or three sections.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #20 
DragonFish

Though I have my 10 gallon this way, I agree with homegrown terror; two or three sections would be more ideal and a easier to maintain. The four-section thing can be a little tricky, and it doesn't work out with all fish so you've got to be careful.....I had to remove my big-finned DT because he was starting to have some trouble swimming around and getting up to the top.