betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

These. http://www.ibcbettas.org/smp/species/imbellis.html
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #22 
Butterfly

When I was doing research on my phone in petco(when I was buying Fred), attison's came up a few times, as did omega one. I chose hikari -meh- because of the worker's suggestion. But I guess it's good to have on hand anyways. I give omega one now. I'm curious about the atison's pro, I'm sure it's of higher quality....all and all, it does basically come down to personal preference and what you are willing to spend for your betta. Is it still available? All I can find on amazon is the normal atisons.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 AM   #23 
Maddybelle

I prefer omega one tropical flakes. The first 6 ingredients are meat, and all my bettas love it, especially my fry.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #24 
Myates

Sorry Chocolate - still unsure what this has to do with the food, and what is wrong with their description?

Butterfly - the Pro has been discontinued for a while now. The normal Atison's food is really good though. Hikari - not so much. Omega One is good.. I use both from time to time and it is well received from my fish.

Omega one flakes are surprisingly good in nutrition - I wish I had flake eaters, but none of mine do.. so now all my flakes end up as plant fertilizer now heh.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
When I was doing research on my phone in petco(when I was buying Fred), attison's came up a few times, as did omega one. I chose hikari -meh- because of the worker's suggestion. But I guess it's good to have on hand anyways. I give omega one now. I'm curious about the atison's pro, I'm sure it's of higher quality....all and all, it does basically come down to personal preference and what you are willing to spend for your betta. Is it still available? All I can find on amazon is the normal atisons.
Hikari is bad try NLS.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #26 
Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Sorry Chocolate - still unsure what this has to do with the food, and what is wrong with their description?

Butterfly - the Pro has been discontinued for a while now. The normal Atison's food is really good though. Hikari - not so much. Omega One is good.. I use both from time to time and it is well received from my fish.

Omega one flakes are surprisingly good in nutrition - I wish I had flake eaters, but none of mine do.. so now all my flakes end up as plant fertilizer now heh.

Oh? Do you know why? I'm PRETTY sure I saw Atison's at petco? not 100% sure though.

Yeah, I realized how bad hikari was when he started producing a LOT of waste for the amount of food I was giving him. He's been on omega one for a while now--loves that, and so do I because it doesn't STINK like the hikari. I will never buy hikari again. I can't stand the smell or how much waste it makes because of the high wheat. Even the hikari bloodworms had all these additives :/ (freeze dried)

I think I'll stick to omega one and omega one bloodworms for now. I'm really happy with omega one. Produces very little waste(as in fish poo if someone didn't get that)+good nutrition! Maybe I will pick up some nls, but I'm super super happy with how he does on the omega one. aka no reason to change. Omega one puts out great products js xD

I've heard so many mixed things around food variety...why is it good to have a varying diet? I honestly haven't seen a change with fred. He's happy with anything, not a picky eater. He LOVES to eat it's hilarious. When I feed him, I tap the rim of the .5gal he's in now and he gets SO excited. darts up to the top and starts spazzing out FOODFOODFOOD. He jumped the other day because he was so excited.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #27 
deso

In my opinion, the Atison's Betta Food (blue cap, not Pro) is not good. The ingredients are mostly fillers such as gluten, and the meat is not whole, it's just that meal by-product stuff. The Pro version, on the other hand, is almost pure brine shrimp embryos. However, the best choice in the States at the moment is New Life Spectrum hands-down.

Atison's Pro is still in production here in the EU, and I'll be on vacation in the States in a week's time, so if anyone wants a few bottles I can buy them here in France and put them in the post when I get there. Marktrc, it would be really easy to send a bottle to you in particular because I'm going to be on Oahu :) My betta loves the Pro, but I feed him exclusively NLS now because of the garlic it contains.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #28 
marktrc

thanks deso. i really appreciate the offer but in my limited traveling, i found baggage space very limited. i dont want to put you thru the trouble. it seems most people think nls is very good so ill stick with that since it is easy for me to get locally. i also have some omega one brine shrimp flakes. i think that is a good combo.

someone had offered to sell me a regular atisons but i think ill pass on it.

when will you be on oahu? have you been here before?
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #29 
deso

I actually grew up on Oahu :) I go there every winter vacation with my boyfriend in tow to see the family, and I'll be there starting the 18th. It's a great way of escaping the snow and rain here in Paris.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post

That the IBC makes bad articles.