Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #571 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
yea cupping them seems to help some of the more agressive females change their attitude. It prevents them from attacking so it helps them to relearn behaviors. At least thats what I think happens.
I think it's true.. I tried to release the copper now..around 10 minutes she didn't chase the small females at all...
but there are still flaring and a lil bit of chasing tho...dunno when it will end O___O" *still watching them..
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #572 
sunshineandish

great post

very informative...they are beautiful fish

http://www.youtube.com/user/sunshineandish

Last edited by sunshineandish; 12-09-2012 at 03:05 PM.
sunshineandish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #573 
azurefox

update day 2 :
a nipping on my Salamander's Anal Fin =_=
dunno which one who nipped her..

this morning I found my Small Red Plakat is chasing everyone..so I cup her now..
The Copper flares at everyone who go near her...but doesn't chase other fishes (is that mean she's an Alpha?). But I found her followed my small Black Red HM.. just afraid that She plans on something to hurt the little black one..XD oh no..
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #574 
azurefox

the Video, my 5 Females in this Sorority

http://youtu.be/5Y_y6KeBaIA
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #575 
azurefox

hello..need help..
I hve a problem with this female, she keep chasing the little one..
but she never chase other, what should I do about this female? does it mean she doesn't fit in this sorority? but she only chase this little female tho.. =_=
Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #576 
Beckwithbabe

Would 6 in a 10 gal be to many??
Beckwithbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #577 
carbonxxkidd

I'm in the process of planning a heavily planted 29 gallon sorority/community. I really want to have corys, kuhli loaches and females, and possibly something else for a middle-tank fish. I get my substrate next week (eco-complete, had to order it online, much cheaper there) and then I am going to plant my tank. I plan on adding the bettas last, and it probably won't be for a few weeks (hopefully I can keep my patience!!!). Aquadvisor says my tank will be 99% stocked with 5 kuhlis, 6 females, 6 corys, 6 rasboras, and 3 amano shrimp...but I am not really sure what I will end up with once I actually get the tank started.

Anyway, this might be a dumb question, but if you have to remove females and rearrange the tank, how do you do it in a planted tank without disturbing all the plants? Or is it just not really possible?
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #578 
Myates

Azure, when you introduced the new female, did you change the items in the tank around?

I would remove them all, change the tank around to look different and then add them in at the same time - sometimes that will help.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #579 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Azure, when you introduced the new female, did you change the items in the tank around?

I would remove them all, change the tank around to look different and then add them in at the same time - sometimes that will help.
nope, I didnt change the background at all...
well I put all of them in at the same time at first...
now the copper, red giant, and the salamander are never fight, only 2 of my little bettas (red plakat and the black red HM) that keep flaring to other 3...
I put them in the breeding box now inside the tank, hopefully in the future I can release them without fight anymore.. :)
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #580 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurefox View Post
nope, I didnt change the background at all...
well I put all of them in at the same time at first...
now the copper, red giant, and the salamander are never fight, only 2 of my little bettas (red plakat and the black red HM) that keep flaring to other 3...
I put them in the breeding box now inside the tank, hopefully in the future I can release them without fight anymore.. :)
I don't know how long your girls have been together but sometimes it takes a few days to a week or so to settle down. 2 of my girls, when 1st introduced 2 months ago, literally tried to kill each other, i put one into an opaque bowl for a few hours floating in the tank, then re-introduced her with little to no problem. I currently have 10 females in a 46g & they do a little chasing but not like they did in the beginning. One of my smaller newer girls, about 2 wks, actually chases my largest oldest girl. Unless the aggression is EXTREMELY bad & causing injury outside of nipped fins, I would let them work it out. You may need to add more plants (real or silk) &/or structures, I don't know what size tank you have.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote