Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #21 
lakemalawifish

With our frogs I used sand because when they go up for air and come back down they hit pretty hard on the bottom and I did not want them to hurt themselves on rocks. Also, when they shed their skin they bounce around a lot and just seems like sand was easier for them. They will eat their skin after it has shed so don't worry. If they don't eat all of it, just net it out. I did not have fish with my frogs so, maybe the fish will eat it, not sure. I think a tank needs to be set up for the best health of what's in it. With frogs they are not great eaters and can find their food easier on sand and will jump and pounce on it. If food particles get stuck in between the rock substrate, they will have a hard time finding and getting to it. Also, you may want to drop the water level in the tank some so they don't have to struggle to get to the top to get air. I had a fake plant near the left corner and the frogs would climb up it, and then take off to the top to get a gulp of air. LOL... we had Scooba Steve and Barnacle Bob, they were so cute to watch. Then we gave both of them to a little girl who we know, she had been wanting frogs for a long time. They are still doing great!

Last edited by lakemalawifish; 12-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.
lakemalawifish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
african dwarf frogs, illness, infection, red growth, wont eat