LittleBettaFish - i have not checked the water parametets since my betta died. The water parameters were fine when he was still in there. This is what i have done so far:
I did a 100% water change. However i cleaned my gravel and the filter, etc in the old tank wayer as i am worried to lose all my good bacteria. The water is much clearer now. Maybe the water was a little cloudy due to bacteria? Not sure. Apparently a bacterial disease shows external symptoms and there was none of that. I believe it was a parasite that harmed my betta. Anyways ive got the heater on to 26 degrees celcius and the filter running. I am going to the pet store now to get another fish. And i have the made the decision to not use a ph stabiliser.
However if my ph gets too high, what are the necessary steps to take when this occurs? Incase for future reference.
And i will do some more research on TDS as im unsure as to what that means lol