Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 
n3wport

Wink So... 12/21/2012

Hey just a shout out to all the people who listed some books they have been reading, thanks guys! I have bought ferve dream and am excited to start it.

So, there are numerous documentaries, movies, articles, books, and all that jazz written about the 21st. Some say aliens will come back, some say we will end the world ourselves, some say we will pass through a nebula of all nuclear gases, some say the earth will just end! Do you believe in the 21st?

Not trying to strike fear in the hearts of you betta lovers, Im just curious where other's stand on something that is solely opinion...
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 
madmonahan

i dont believe in any of that stuff. i believe god will come, but not that aliens will come or the world will end like they say it will.

i completely respect everyone elses beliefs! :)
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 
DiiQue

If you are refering to the end of the mayan calendar, the Mayans were just refering to the end of the current era... We would be entering into a new age of enlightenment. Hollywood went the other way by following the earlier and now generally considered "wrong" assessment that the world was going to end. Gloom and doom sells... In any regards, I wouldnt start selling your worldly possessions if I were you. :)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #4 
n3wport

Touche DiiQue! I have had the doom and gloom sense due to that crazy cat Nostradamus! I forget exactly what the history channel said, but boy, when they start talkin, it just all makes sense! Ha!

Madmonahan - Thats cool, I also completely respect your belief's! I have read into religion so much, its so amazing and interesting, unfortunately, I cannot grasp myself to find religion as something that works for me, but I totally believe in aliens..

Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #5 
thekinetic

Exactly, the mayans believed in cycles. This is what no one ever reads or hears about because it doesn't sell. An age is ending and a new one about to begin. This new age is a gift, so make it brighter, and learn from the mistakes of the past.

Either way we cannot hope to stop the end but only sit and accept it. If it should end then so be it and I will see you all in paradise! ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #6 
DiiQue

Dont know what you've been reading, but if you're into aliens and stuff (who isnt?).. I highly recommend The Cosmic War by Joseph Ferrell.. I couldnt put the book down! It will certainly have you thinking. I believe in aliens... We can't be on the only life supporting planet...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
Dont know what you've been reading, but if you're into aliens and stuff (who isnt?).. I highly recommend The Cosmic War by Joseph Ferrell.. I couldnt put the book down! It will certainly have you thinking. I believe in aliens... We can't be on the only life supporting planet...
Awesome! I will totally check that out. Sounds right up my alley. Once they projected the amount of time and human workers for the pyramids I was sold on aliens.. how could a race do that on their own?! we couldnt even replicate the exact angles on the pyramids with today's technology, dont get me started! I get blue in the face! ha!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #8 
DiiQue

You wont be disappointed... Also forgot to comment on the photo in your earlier post.... Yup, that guy definitely looks like he knows what he's talking about. *facepalm*

Last edited by DiiQue; 12-11-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #9 
n3wport

Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #10 
SnowySurface

For a society waiting for the world to end on 12/21/12, there were a whole lot of people shopping on Black Friday for Christmas presents. XD

Also...as morbid as this may sound....I'm better off dying during the end of the world than I am trying to survive in a post apocalytic world.
None of my meds....
No fighting, hunting, or gun skills....
Too nice to beat a starving child off the last piece of twinky....

I wouldn't last long in a lawless society. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote