Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #31 
Hershey

Yeah, forgot where I saw it though.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #32 
callistra

I had one boy who became pretty accustomed to my hand, but if I wiggled my finger he would try to eat it. I had another boy who tried to eat me anytime I even kind of got close to him, so I never dared put my hand in the tank.. he was a jumper too I've never tried with my current three. I think it's cute but I don't want to risk passing something onto them that may be on my hands, be it bacteria or possible residue of some kind.

Betta bites do not hurt. It feels funny though.. I doubt their bite is all that strong, considering it's painless.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #33 
Myates

One of my females will jump into my hand if I hold it just above the water.. not from affection, but rather she just wants food lol
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #34 
AyalaCookiejar

Haha, the general consensus here seems to be that the females are the craziest :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #35 
ImStillLearning

We have all males. And generally after I shower, I will spend some quality time with the fish. I don't stick my full hand in the tank. But what I do, is stick a finger half way in. Smurf, Buddha, Jaws, Sunny, Caesar, Stefan and Damon will all nip at my finger. However all ten of them will rub against my finger showing affection, dragging their fins against my finger. It's really nice and cute. However a few of them it's all based on their mood for that day, sometimes they will look at my finger and cautiously go close then swim away.
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #36 
AyalaCookiejar

So many! Lol. Mine are always super curious about any new things I put in the tank :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #37 
Jessa24

I have never tried. Splash lets me put ny hand or finger in his tank and he won't freak on me but I am scared of being biten or somehow hurting him.
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #38 
ImStillLearning

We tried the leaf hammock things and none of the fish used them. So we took it out. It's kind of like when we feed them either the frozen bloodworms, or the frozen brine shrimp, what we do is, cut a little hole in the packaging, and allow them all to swim up and take their first bite from the package. And then just squish some into the tank.

But what is even more interesting, is they get fed just before I go to bed, however all of our ghost shrimp (around six per tank) have clued into this feeding time frenzy, and they all try to steal the boys food. They swim right up to the top waiting for any chance that one of the boys miss a bite.

And here I thought all of my boys were pigs.... The shrimp might have them beat in that category
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #39 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
:O really??!!
it can be, what kills a person from a shark bite is not the bite itself, it is said that their bite is as powerful as human one. However, what does kill you and is lethal in a shark bite is bleeding out, which is the whole point of their rows of regrowing teeth.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #40 
speeddemonbk

I don't use a net when I clean the tanks, just my hand. I've been bit by one of my bettas before...unless they are as big as piranhas it doesn't feel like anything but a brush of fish lips. He mistook my finger for food in the little food hole in his tank.
speeddemonbk is offline   Reply With Quote