Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #11 
horsyqueen

Platy's and most cory's are great.
I recomend oto's too but Envy seems to get a little too curious about them and chases them alot.

Most ground feeders I think will do.

A big no is tiger barb and any barb really, same for puffers they are known to love fin nipping.

Guppies it depends on the betta, in all i wouldnt risk it.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #12 
asukabetta

The reason for which guppies are risky, is that they are schooling fish, they reproduce very fast, and they are very colorful that brings out aggresiveness in the betta, thus the risk. Wild guppies are less dangerous because they are duller, but then again not worth the risk.

Also not any ground feeder is good to be a tankmate for a betta, some need extra tank space, like a Pleco, which can grow HUGE.

I DO NOT recommend platies because they have the same issue as the guppy, and they can be nippy. They could nip at your betta's fins and that isn't a good thing :/

For more information check here :D

http://bettacare101.com/tankmates/

I just found the site and it pretty much sums up all I think about some of the tankmates.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #13 
aemaki09

Just wanted to add you can go to aqadvisor.com and punch in tank size and they can give you a list of species that will be good tank mates and tell you if you tank will be overstocked or not...just a thought.
The other comments pretty well covered what would work and what not though
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #14 
CluelessBettaOwner

AsukaBetta- thanks for the advice. I am going to go for white cloud mountain minnows. Although if my Pet shop doesn't have them I'll get zebra fish, because I know they have them. By 17 gallon do you mean *my 7 gallon?
I would love to make a female sorority, but I can't unfortunately. I have two male bettas, and only 2 tanks. I'm not allowed another. Although if we move house and I get a bigger room I may be able to convince my parents.*
HorseyQueen- Cories are really cute. I got two albinos, absolutely insane.*
Aemaki09- I checked out that site. It's really good and cool, thanks for recommending it!

According to the site Aemaki09 gave me, it says I could have 4 albino cories, a betta, 6 white cloud mountain minnows and a nerite snail. *This only uses up 70% of my space. Do you reckon I could follow that. I would keep up with water changes.
I really want to but, I need to make sure that's okay. This is for my 15 gallon

Thank you I really appreciate it!
CluelessBettaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #15 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessBettaOwner View Post
AsukaBetta- thanks for the advice. I am going to go for white cloud mountain minnows. Although if my Pet shop doesn't have them I'll get zebra fish, because I know they have them. By 17 gallon do you mean *my 7 gallon?
I would love to make a female sorority, but I can't unfortunately. I have two male bettas, and only 2 tanks. I'm not allowed another. Although if we move house and I get a bigger room I may be able to convince my parents.*
HorseyQueen- Cories are really cute. I got two albinos, absolutely insane.*
Aemaki09- I checked out that site. It's really good and cool, thanks for recommending it!

According to the site Aemaki09 gave me, it says I could have 4 albino cories, a betta, 6 white cloud mountain minnows and a nerite snail. *This only uses up 70% of my space. Do you reckon I could follow that. I would keep up with water changes.
I really want to but, I need to make sure that's okay. This is for my 15 gallon

Thank you I really appreciate it!
Sorry I meant your 14g, I dunno where I whipped out the 17g nimber XD sorry
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #16 
CluelessBettaOwner

AsukaBetta- No worries!
CluelessBettaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank mates