Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 
WhiskeyHands

Talking Music

I wanna know, what do you listen to? Does it have a meaning to you or do you do it because everyone else does? And what's the meaning?

Mine's everything that has to do with metal and rock. Why? Because I see deep meaning behind what they say and help people instead of some other artists out there!
WhiskeyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I avoid any music that goes along the lines of: Yeah, up in the club...yo... gonna f--- some h---...yo... -.- Pointless drone of music that makes my ears bleed from the complete lack of grammar, and the utter void of care towards the opposite gender as we (females) are portrayed as objects. Blah.

I prefer music that has meaning, soul, etc. Forgot what the one song was my friend got me to listen to. There are other songs, that encourage strength, self hope, dreams, etc.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #3 
WhiskeyHands

LOL but yeah true i agree with the type of music you avoid! I just don't like rap and mainstream things that plays on radio!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #4 
thekinetic

I listen to most everything. However I like The Moody Blues because they're so surreal and calming. I also listen to Tom Waits because he's freaking nuts and the man's got style! :D
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #5 
WhiskeyHands

lol nice avatar and i used to listen to blues but that was when i was young and listened to plenty of stuff!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #6 
Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I avoid any music that goes along the lines of: Yeah, up in the club...yo... gonna f--- some h---...yo... -.- Pointless drone of music that makes my ears bleed from the complete lack of grammar, and the utter void of care towards the opposite gender as we (females) are portrayed as objects. Blah.
I agree with your opinion on rap music. The way the portray women and their lack of grammar is absolutely horrible. I wonder how anyone could actually sit there and enjoy it. There are some rap songs that I listen to, but they go without making women look bad at least.

I listen to dubstep most of the time because I like it. However, I'll listen to pretty much anything without a fuss besides that awful rap music. I have no interest in making my ears bleed. No thanks. I don't like country music very much because it tends to make me fall asleep, but I'll tolerate it if the majority of people like it and want to play it.
Katja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #7 
WhiskeyHands

Oh and some rap i could listen is Eminem, he's actually good. I don't like dubstep, i can tolerate it, good beats yeah but just not something i see myself listening ^^
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #8 
BettaHeart

I listen to Alot of different styles of music from Alot of different cultures as i had posted in another thread afew weeks ago. Very very few rap but thats only because one of my sisters likes it meh. Umm... Love the shakuhachi, duduk, shamisen, koto, taiko drums, kanun, oud, alpenhorns, Guriema, zurna.... to name afew of the instruments used in the music i listen to, definitely have to be very very appreciative of (in my opinion the most ancient forms of communication) music. thanks for creating this thread

Last edited by BettaHeart; 12-16-2012 at 08:00 PM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #9 
WhiskeyHands

no problem, i'm into music. Music is my backup plan if i fail at life :) and i must look up those instruments, never heard of them!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #10 
Rosso1011

I have a very eclectic taste in music. I listen to punk, hardcore, metal, various kinds of rock, dance, certain types of rap, r&b, some pop (usually older pop). The list could go on forever. Just don't ever subject me to bluegrass or classical. Bad things happen.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genre, music, random