Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #7861 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Sparrow whats the plant in the pot? Anaibus.
Yep, there is anubias in the little pot, and on the bigger hidey-hole pot. I thought the one in the little pot might not be doing so well, being actually planted in there, but on closer inspection it's only attached to the foam lining the pot, so I'm not quite sure what to do...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #7862 
majesticstorm

I don't have a lot of decor right now since I set the tank up last minute due to my impulsive buying of fish. I'm going to add some silk plants when I find some good, natural-looking ones. If anyone has recommendations, I will receive them with open arms

I was thinking about removing the plastic bamboo, but my little guy just loves hiding in it (if you see that bit of blue in the leaves near the top of the water, that's him ), so I might just keep it and just sand out the pointy parts.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #7863 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Yep, there is anubias in the little pot, and on the bigger hidey-hole pot. I thought the one in the little pot might not be doing so well, being actually planted in there, but on closer inspection it's only attached to the foam lining the pot, so I'm not quite sure what to do...
I am a big anaibus person. If you enlarge my Photos you see one.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #7864 
Aluyasha

Finally got the pot cave for Ferret's tank. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #7865 
Jessa24

Everyone's tanks look amazing!
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #7866 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Alu are those Plastic plants?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #7867 
Viva

Almost ready for a new betta!

So my 5.5g has been cycling for about 2 weeks. I've been using the fish food method but I also threw in 4 or 5 small pond snails which I've since disposed of. I saw some teeny baby snails in there but I think I got most of 'em. Anyways, tested the water yesterday and today and my water is finally showing a large spike in Nitrites and they're are Nitrates! Hopefully by next weekend all the Nitrites will disappear so I can work on getting a new betta :D Since my first tank was a 10 gallon planted tank, this is the first time I've been able to see the cycle with my own eyes. I keep testing the 10gal planted, its been redone and up for 3 - 4 weeks, but nothing shows up on the tests. Those plants are working hard!

What would you judge the Ammonia level is? Is it just me or is it hard to tell the difference between the 0ppm and the 0.25ppm colors?

And this is the slightly changed 5.5gallon tank, sorry for the water spots lol:
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #7868 
madmonahan

this is my newly set up divided ten gallon! i just got another plant for it and now its all finished! :) on one side is sherbert, and on the other is heart-catcher. hope you like it, because i sure do!!! :D

Name:  photo (85).jpg
Views: 417
Size:  56.1 KB

EDIT: the rocks kind of look yellow but they are white. :)

Last edited by madmonahan; 12-16-2012 at 01:23 PM.
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #7869 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Alu are those Plastic plants?
Yes they are plastic. I know silk is perfered (which is what is in Claudius' tank), But I made sure these are unusally soft plastic plants. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #7870 
Jessa24

I have some plastic plants too and silk. I did the pantyhose test though. Splash actually likes the big plastic one best....figures.
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank