Betta Fish Forum banner

Sick Betta?

908 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  okiemavis 
#1 ·
I am extremely happy to report that Jasper has recovered from his case of ich. However, I think he may have a case of velvet, but I'm not sure. His color is fading from a solid red to a sort of "rainbowish"/metallic sort of red. In addition, if I shine a flashlight on him, it looks like he has a goldish sort of dust on him. But other than the loss of coloration, he exhibits no other symptoms of velvet. No darting, flashing, or scratching. I have the medicine to treat him, but am not sure if I should use it, because I'm not sure if he actually has velvet or not. Any advice?

#2 ·
Goldish dust, sure sounds like velvet. If your sure that is what you are seeing I would go ahead and treat it before it does get to the point that he is exibiting any other symptoms. Just make sure that you do a partial water change and use some carbon in your filter to get all of the other medication out before starting the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.