Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 
sloyson

Unhappy Betta with cyst or tumour?

Hey Everyone,

So I noticed that about 2 weeks ago my male betta had a little brownish red spot on it's back with a scale poking up. I went to the pet store and they gave me some antibiotics (API Bettafix) to treat him but I've noticed that the spot hasn't gone away and has become worse (it's now white with the scale deteriorating). He isn't acting any differently though he is a bit more lethargic (unsure if it's due to illness, winter or that he's 3 years old). I change the water completely about once every two weeks and use NutraFin AquaPlus as water treatment.

I've attached a picture of the spot. If anyone could help me I'd be so thankful and appreciative. I'm super concerned for him and would love for him to get better!

P.S If the photo isn't clear enough, let me know and I'll try and get a better shot.
Attached Images

Last edited by sloyson; 12-15-2012 at 10:14 PM.
sloyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

To my knowledge there isn't much if anything you can do about a tumor & if I'm not mistaken betta fix isn't an antibiotic. From the pic it looks like a tumor but if he's eating & swimming around I'd let him be. He is 3 yrs old after all so he's lived a life longer than most I know. I'd suggest more frequent water changes but it appears what you're doing is working. Sorry , I'm not offering anything great to help.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyst, disease, male betta, sick