Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #31 
sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
hopefully he was looked after as fry then, i got him from pets at home so he should of had a good breeder

i try to give him the best diet i can but he doesn't like daphnia and i can't find brine shrimp and they don't sell betta pellets here in the uk, so i just feed him on tropical fish flakes and blood worms.
I don't like flakes. Especially if you don't do 100% water changes, i think flakes contaminate the water . It like half of them sinking to the bottom of the tank while betta eating it. If you want i can mail you a betta pellets . I like Life spectrum and Aqueon . And it not a problem for me to mail it :)
Also someone on this forum told me that bettas love to eat cooked shrimp and i tell you my bettas loved that.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #32 
Sena Hansler

My oldest was 7 years, my youngest was not even a year. But do remember I have rescued, and crossed many different diseases (excluding velvet, oddly). It also depends on the fish itself. Sure, a human can live 100 years. Some only make it to 70, 80, 90... Others can make it to 100...103... Each fish is the same. You could put two fish in their own 10 gallons, heated the same, got the same water changes, same food, same conditioner, same treatment... guaranteed they won't live the same life span.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #33 
Indigo Betta

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My oldest was 7 years, my youngest was not even a year. But do remember I have rescued, and crossed many different diseases (excluding velvet, oddly). It also depends on the fish itself. Sure, a human can live 100 years. Some only make it to 70, 80, 90... Others can make it to 100...103... Each fish is the same. You could put two fish in their own 10 gallons, heated the same, got the same water changes, same food, same conditioner, same treatment... guaranteed they won't live the same life span.
Wow 7 years is a really brilliant age for a betta, you must take really good care of your bettas
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

I just get the good ones Spartan had a tumor and lived to 2.5... Maine had that wicked disease, killing him before the 2 year mark (and the same to three other blues from the same store). My grumpy old man fish would have lived longer if my jerk-of-an-ex did not strand me for a week away from home, from the tanks that did not have filters yet and were supposed to be cleaned that day... We estimate him to have been 5, an old breeder, who was shipped with goldfish

Plus now I breed bettas, and I breed them HARDY. No "weak immune systems" for me!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #35 
Indigo Betta

if anyone else has had a betta live longer than 3 years i'm still happy to hear about it (:
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #36 
BETTACHKALOVE

I have 8 bettas. But it funny i have betta that is about 2 years old but looks like he is 4 year old. He is not sick though. And i have 4 years old that you would think i just brought him from the store. So i agree no matter what you do and care about them life expectance will be different. I don't cycle my tanks i do 2.5 and 5 gall tanks. I do mostly 100% water changes only.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #37 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

This summer Carter will be 3.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just lost one that I had for 3 years and 3 months.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #39 
WhiskeyHands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You said the breeders dont know there stuff on the other thread.
I lol'd
WhiskeyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #40 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyHands View Post
I lol'd
What?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age betta 3