Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #1 
emeraldmaster

Angry Guppycide or Suicide???

I just want to complain... READ AT YOU OWN RISK!!!

So, I want to ask, have you guys ever had an issue with retarded fish?
Well... I just did. I had a few guppies in the 29gal. with my veiltail male named Kelso, right? All was well untill he started eating the SHORT FINNED males. He left the longfinned and the one that appears to be fancy alone. I have feeder guppies so, this particular one seems like a mini fancy. Kelso left them alone and instead attacked and ate WHOLE the shorter finned ones. Included in this are my only blonde guppies. So I moved the guppies like any fish dude would do. My 10gal. became "home". In my 10gal. there is a controlled growth of algea, enough to be usefull but not so much as to take over. The betta in there is absolutely murderous but likes guppies, like Hitler playing with Jews... Anyway, Red, the evil betta, eats the algea every now and then. Later I notice the guppies eating algea, cute. Next day, swimbladder in the girl guppies!!! Come on! Seriously??? Now they are in the only other available tank, a 20gal. with a guppy eating Pleco! There are more guppies in ther so safety in numbers? Anyway, just a gripe...

Thank you for reading, how would yall have handled it?
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #2 
bethyMT

Guppies will pick at algae naturally, at least mine do. They eat anything they can find. My gups LOVE black hair algae, too bad they pick at it but don't seem to eradicate it.

I think, if I were you, that a new tank would be underway soon. Those guppies need to go somewhere safe! It doesn't seem like it's working out with those tankmates. I have two betta tanks, and I always treat them like betta only tanks...if there is any shred of aggression, tankmates are removed immediately, because you just don't know what will happen.

Also....that Hitler analogy was a little...well...harsh. Kinda made me cringe a little. Maybe use another one next time? I know you didn't mean anything by it, though, it's just a tough thing to read, yk?
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #3 
emeraldmaster

I did the Hitler analogy on purpose, it showed how the relationship is like. Dangerous... I am thinking of moving the pleco out since that is our guppy tank, not a pleco tank. He may go in with the evil betta to help control algea. The evil betta likes the guppies and is withdrawn without them, they played together! I want to eradicate the algea anyway to make room for live plants anyway, it is only there to help clean water since the evil betta has a weak immune system. Thak you for the quick response!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #4 
Viva

Gah that stinks...its too bad you can't teach fish to play nicely together :( Lololol...Hitler playing with Jews.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #5 
emeraldmaster

I gave up on the guppies, they're my grandmothers 10 generation of inbred monsters. They are dropping like flies now from a disease that i cannot identify. let them die! I'll just get more!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Pffft I do not like guppies. I had suicidal ones before. I have also had an endler try to woo my huge black balloon molly female, and he was a pip-squeak runt x.X
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 
emeraldmaster

Put my neons in with Red, evil betta. The energetic little buggers are keeping him busy! You see, He is my goth, he only wants a friend. Someone to play with, that is not a rosey red or a male betta! He enjoys the corey, eating algea together, plays with the guppies, and plays "tag" with the neons. I want my other betta to be this way. BTW... Red won't make nests for some reason, bubbles everywhere though... I have seen him try, they won't stick. so yeah, bubbles everywhere.

Tags
come on, evil, guppycide, suicide