Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #11 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Which is funny because it's really not that expensive. Not considering the size jar you get.
IKR? I don't know why people whine about paying an extra three dollars for what I personally think is the better food :P
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #12 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
IKR? I don't know why people whine about paying an extra three dollars for what I personally think is the better food :P
Agreed. I mean it seriously lasts forever @_@ I bought what I thought was a rather small jar for my goldfish and it just doesn't ever seem like I'm taking any out of it when I feed them!
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #13 
MSG

This is NOT going to happen.

NLS food will store/last up to 5 years when it's NOT opened.

That info is directly from the Neil of Cichlid Food Canada

Once opened just keep the container in a cool/dark area away from sunlight.
  • The only reason certain products disappear from the retail store shelves is lack of sales.
NLS products might have been removed because their products a slightly more expensive that the cheaper brands.

Why spend $6 on a container of pellets when you can get similar looking but INFERIOR pellets from Tetra/Wardleys for $2?

Most people don't know & don't care. A fish to them, is just a fish.

Like these Hikari BioPure... They used to be available everywhere, but hardly any stores carry them now. They just wouldn't sell as fast as the lower quality foods.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #14 
Kithy

That's what makes me so sad... I don't know why we place value on different types of life. How is a fish any less valuable than a cat?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Agreed. I mean it seriously lasts forever @_@ I bought what I thought was a rather small jar for my goldfish and it just doesn't ever seem like I'm taking any out of it when I feed them!
I know! Lol I buy a new jar every six months and by then it still looks COMPLETELY FULL. 0.o Unfortunately it's kind of a waste of food but I think if you can't afford to spend $15 a YEAR on food....Sorry but you should not have a pet...Maybe not even a plant LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #16 
Kithy

Quote:
I know! Lol I buy a new jar every six months and by then it still looks COMPLETELY FULL. 0.o Unfortunately it's kind of a waste of food but I think if you can't afford to spend $15 a YEAR on food....Sorry but you should not have a pet...Maybe not even a plant LOL
Yes! Exactly!! It's the same for me with my dog's food. Iams is cheap and I can get it at Walmart. Or I can spend like $8 more and give him better food. It's worth it to me.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #17 
finnfinnfriend

....Although some of the leftovers go to my mealworm colony for extra protein...so the excess doesn't ALL go to waste ;)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Yes! Exactly!! It's the same for me with my dog's food. Iams is cheap and I can get it at Walmart. Or I can spend like $8 more and give him better food. It's worth it to me.
I am poor and spend about $10-$15 a month on food for my 12lb dog lol. I feed him better than I feed myself. I also spend about $7-$10 a month on my ravenous growing leopard gecko XD
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #19 
Kithy

Quote:
I am poor and spend about $10-$15 a month on food for my 12lb dog lol. I feed him better than I feed myself. I also spend about $7-$10 a month on my ravenous growing leopard gecko XD
They pay it back with their love and affection <3 Love animals.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #20 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
They pay it back with their love and affection <3 Love animals.
They pay it back and then some! But seriously if you pay for the best food (NLS) you are good for at least six months. Even a little kid with a tiny allowance should be able to come up with about $7 ever six months lol XP