ChoclateBetta
Banned

Depends on the kind of hunting.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #52 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I also do not like people who take shots at animals and they are not clean kills. Furthermore, people seem to forget that if you don't hit anything your bullet is still going to end up somewhere. Having been a lurker on a few American horse forums, all I can say is that hunting season sounds absolutely crazy over there. People getting shot at in their yards, trespassers hunting illegally on properties, livestock such as cattle and horses getting shot etc. I would be too freaked out to leave my house if that happened here and I backed onto bush.
It is crazy, and far too many accidents happen because people aren't following the rules they're supposed to. Unfortunately some people think it's ok to mix alcohol and firearms, which leads to horrible tragedies every hunting season. Most people do not aim their guns anywhere they're not ok with shooting, and keep guns unloaded until they need ammunition to shoot an animal. But there are always issues with those who don't follow appropriate safety guidelines, and with some of the high caliber rifles around for large animals it's a recipe for disaster. After the the horrible events last Friday, I am finding it hard to be supportive at all of the ease with which civilians in this country can get high power assault weapons. It's wrong that the people who buy these use hunting as an excuse; somehow humans hunted even larger animals than those that exist now without guns for thousands of years. So anything that holds more than a few rounds is indefensible. The world is right to think we're descending into madness with our lax gun policy. I just want to offer a perspective so people realize that not all people who hunt with guns are in favor of an absolute right to carry any gun, and many of us believe that gun policy needs serious and immediate reform. Heck, I'd even switch to a bow if it meant no more guns at all. A true hunter does not need to rely on high tech weaponry to bag game. Some of the best hunters I know are felons who are banned from owning firearms and have honed their bowhunting skills because of it.

Last edited by babystarz; 12-16-2012 at 08:48 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #53 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think we only need small Fire Arms. I mean who needs a .5 calliber gun to hunt deer?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #54 
RandyTheBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I think we only need small Fire Arms. I mean who needs a .5 calliber gun to hunt deer?
The size of the gun doesn't much matter, the deer will die no matter what.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #55 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Exactly we should have only smallarms.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #56 
RandyTheBettaFish

But then what about when you go bear hunting? cant really kill a bear with a 22...
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #57 
meganlbetta

Babystarz that is a good point but there is a gun registry that does criminal record checks everytime a person tries to buy a gun. A special permit is required to own and shoot those restricted rifles. In Canada, a handgun is even considered restricted. The most a gun law could do is restrict the market to only qualified dealers so these weapons aren't in the wrong hands. Higher Caliber rifles are required for the animals sake. The caliber means a bigger bullet. But it does not mean it is more dangerous becaue each caliber has its good and back. Proper gun safey is key. A bigger gun is intended for the animals sake. Elk are hard to kill. I am sorry to say this and I do not mean to offend anyone. These animals are really tough and when you shoot them, You want a higher caliber for the power. It will knock them down quick. The faster the kill the more humane.
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #58 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You should have to register a reason you need one.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #59 
veggiegirl

I cannot understand people that think killing for fun is okay, Every animal only has one chance at life just like us, they feel pain and fear too, maybe if people put them self in the animals situation they would be a bit more compassionate, no one wants to be hunted down and killed by a murderer neither do animals.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #60 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I get people killing because they have to.