Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #31 
Tikibirds

Oh, he is pretty. Looks like a pair of faded blue jeans.
would I pay that much? Probably not. He is a lovely looking fishie but the price is too high, plus international shipping is not something I want to do. I have had fish shipped to me from within the USA and 2/3 experiences weren't good. I gave up on AB and found a very good seller on ebay that had clown plecos and finally received fish that were alive.

Chocolate - there is an AB seller -aquastar or something like that - and they frequently have bettas at over $100. They are usually very pretty but I dn't know if they are show quality or not.
This one has a BIN of $200
http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbet...1355746656.jpg

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-16-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #32 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
would I pay that much? Probably not. He is a lovely looking fishie but the price is too high, plus international shipping is not something I want to do. I have had fish shipped to me from within the USA and 2/3 experiences weren't good. I gave up on AB and found a very good seller on ebay that had clown plecos and finally received fish that were alive.

Chocolate - there is an AB seller -aquastar or something like that - and they frequently have bettas at over $100. They are usually very pretty but I dn't know if they are show quality or not.

Gorgeous guy! I'd love to get him but hard to import where I am at.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post

I know good Bettas can sell for 100s of dollars. But this one seems more trouble than its worth.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #34 
bryanacute

He is a beautiful betta.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I agree he is Beatiful.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #36 
asukabetta

chocolate prices work like so, "The price of something should be what people is willing to pay", simple as that, price being subjective to the buyer and objective to the seller, meaning that for us it's worth "x" amount because of "x features" while the seller is probably thinking " Base costs" and "benefit over the cost". I do not know if it makes sense. This is of course ideally, as conflict happens when the buyer considers that the price should be lower without taking into account certain factors of the seller's base cost, or when a seller considers that because of "x" factor, the benefit over the cost should be higher.

But if you aren't willing to pay that amount then it isn't worth it, unless the standard price is that and you have not much of a choice e.g. Gasoline.

Also I do not think any betta is trash :/ every betta is beautiful, let it be show material or not XD

Last edited by asukabetta; 12-19-2012 at 12:53 AM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote