Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #251 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
Choc & Finn, you two ARE handling it in your own ways.
You're here, smart, taking care of fish, and alive.
You'll get better at it in time.
Hate to tell you but my Anxiety is getting worse. Aspergers will affect me for life.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #252 
isochronism

Of course I don't know much about that affliction, and only know you by your helpful and sometimes funny posts. :)
Just somehow feel you will get better at dealing with them little by little.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #253 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Parts of Asperger get worse as you age some parts get better. But it rarely goes away. If you went to my School you would see how much my problems affect me. I wear a sweatshirt in my head. I curl up inside a sweatshirt. I cannot Focus. My handwriting is terrible.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #254 
agunn1231

my hadwriting is awful too, always has been, at my job, when ever i have some down time I am usually in the break room curled up in a chair with my sweatshirt on and my hood up over my head. I have ups and downs...my meltdowns have mellowed out, went from freaking out and biting myself to calm down almost weekly when i was younger, to now a days i usually curl up and cry and rock back and forth. I havent bitten myself except for once in the last 2-3 years, that time it left a mark for about 2 months, going away finally. Yesterday was exceptionally difficult at work, some insecurities were creeping up that i know have lead to melt downs, and luckily there werent any triggers at work until the end of the day about 15 minutes before i got off, and i could hold together until i got home.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #255 
finnfinnfriend

I used to eat glue in kindergarten lol. I often got in trouble without knowing what I did wrong. People were always telling me to focus and I didn't know what they were talking about.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #256 
agunn1231

what always gets to me is that my mother is a special ed teacher and my aunt is a school psychologist and they both worked with kids on the spectrum on a daily basis yet said nothing to me about any of the signs that i was showing. my mom even used terms like perseveration to describe what i was doing and was the first person to explain that my hatred for certain textures and things was being tactile defensive....But my mother is all around a not so great person, she used to lock me in my room when my grades were bad, and we fought on a daily basis one i hit middle school age.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #257 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by agunn1231 View Post
what always gets to me is that my mother is a special ed teacher and my aunt is a school psychologist and they both worked with kids on the spectrum on a daily basis yet said nothing to me about any of the signs that i was showing. my mom even used terms like perseveration to describe what i was doing and was the first person to explain that my hatred for certain textures and things was being tactile defensive....But my mother is all around a not so great person, she used to lock me in my room when my grades were bad, and we fought on a daily basis one i hit middle school age.

I think sometimes parents refuse to admit that their child has a problem
like that. Thats why I'm not mentioning Asperger's to my parents until I get a definite diagnosis.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #258 
agunn1231

that is my plan too. I also am not sure how to bring it up at work without all of the false ideas about what it is becoming a factor...I just dont want to end up having a bad day or something
Old 12-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #259 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to really bite my arm like weeks ago.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #260 
agunn1231

Yeah, I can't explain it but biting just makes it feel better, any other self harm has never helped me feel any better but if I'm upset and bite myself it helps.