Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #11 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdu View Post
Okay. thanks. I was a bit wrong. It's the TopFin Betta Water Conditioner.
From what I can determine, via their website, "Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner" is just a dilute version of their "Top Fin Water Conditioner."

If you visit their website, pull up both products. They list the ingredients, and to me, they looked the same. The only difference seemed to be in the amount that gets added to the water. (ie: Betta is more diluted, so you need more per gallon.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #12 
NeptunesMom

Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner and Top Fin Water Conditioner are the same thing.

I work at PetSmart. I buy the Top Fin Water Conditioner because it is bigger and cheaper in the long run. It works the same (same ingredients), but you add less per gallon of the Top Fin versus Top Fin Betta.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #13 
Lizdu

Okay. Thanks! The hubby is the one that selected #5. The others I had selected were extremely active, and healthy looking. It is all too strange. I may need to check the ammonia levels. I was pretty sure that our water doesn't have ammonia, but I may be wrong.
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #14 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdu View Post
Okay. Thanks! The hubby is the one that selected #5. The others I had selected were extremely active, and healthy looking. It is all too strange. I may need to check the ammonia levels. I was pretty sure that our water doesn't have ammonia, but I may be wrong.
Mine doesn't. And I would think that most peoples' dont. But I recall someone here saying recently that hers did. So I figured I'd ask. Although, regardless of whether your tap water has ammonia, it's probably not as high as what's in the pet-store cup when you bring the fish home....
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #15 
babystarz

A lot of pet stores will test a water sample if you bring one in, maybe you could do that?
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #16 
ANHEL123

Diffenetelly check the water first before you buy another betta. I am also wondering if you need to disinfect the tank ? If you have ammonia in the water the best conditioner to use is Prime by Seachem.

Did you get new fish?

EDIT: Sorry i didn't see Shadyr already recommended to disinfect the tank. I though if first fish had something contiguous and if you never disinfect it it could, might be the reason?

Last edited by ANHEL123; 12-21-2012 at 12:40 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #17 
callistra

At this point I would seriously toss everything and rinse the tank out very very well in hot water, then wipe clean with fresh paper towels and start over.

I also suggest prime... 2 drops per gallon.

Also make sure to acclimate the fish very slowly.

What is the temp of these tanks and what water source are you using? Tap water? What is the PH?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

Agree ....About disinfection though i would disinfect the tank with 10% clorax solution. I know sound scary but a lot of people on the forum do that. I did it myself. You just need to wash tank after that really good in hot,warm water,then wipe it and rince it again . Let it sit in the sun to neutralize the clorox , rinse again.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #19 
Myates

I believe this last fish was in a brand new tank with brand new decorations.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #20 
Lizdu

He was Myates. Brand new everything, and he still died. My daughter decided that she didn't want another Betta, but I still want one. I have found a place called Fish Safari near me, and I'm going to try getting one there. I figure it would be best considering they specialize in fish. This past Sunday, we went to PetSmart, and saw the most beautiful blue VT. I am still wary of them, so I didn't purchase it. My daughter chose a guppy and neon tetra instead. Guess what? The Tetra started doing this weird upside down swim, then vertical, then horizontal. He ended up passing away this AM. The guppy is still doing extremely great though.
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote