Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #11 
Kitty Whiskers

I'd send that picture and your story to the company and report your findings to them.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #12 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
Well, I'm actually wondering....if that is indeed a bone, then that would imply that Omega actually uses fresh protein (vs processed crap)?
Ehhh not necessarily. They might just process it themselves? I'm sure they must use some type of preservative at least.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #13 
Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Ehhh not necessarily. They might just process it themselves? I'm sure they must use some type of preservative at least.
But doesn't "processing" mince up the bones at least? If a bone is intact like that I would at least assume it's less processed....for whatever that's worth.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #14 
RoMay

@Kitty_Whiskers that is the first thing I did was write them an email telling them what occured. As of yet no reply it may take a few days you know with the world supposivly ending today and with the chrismas season.

@the other two below: I think more processing would crush the bones. I have not herd of anyone choking on a bone eating a fish stick. For persertives Omega one uses tocopherol, and Ethoxyquin, it also uses artifical color... ... WHY would you use artifical color in a fish food?
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #15 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMay View Post
WHY would you use artifical color in a fish food?
To make it more attractive to the owner, who is the person buying the food....

Same thing with cat & dog foods. Artificial color isn't added to make the dog/cat happier. It's added so the owner thinks, "Oh, look at the bright GREEN, these must be QUALITY vegetable bits."
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #16 
RoMay

Igrediants: Whole Salmon, Black Cod, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Rockfish & Shrimp), Wheat Flower, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (source of Vitamine C), Natrual and Artifical Colors, Vitamin A, Acetate, Vitamind D3 Supplement, Vitamine E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Perservitive), Ethoxquin (Perservitive).

That is what is in here, what that is tiny I had to take off my glasses to read it clearly. I'm tempted to go with that all natrual one I have been eyeing. And yes TRY pellets with her.

I fed them both a peice of Nori tonight. Kaoru's happy as a clam, Jabi is eyeing it like it might bite her.

Last edited by RoMay; 12-21-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #17 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMay View Post
@the other two below: I think more processing would crush the bones. I have not herd of anyone choking on a bone eating a fish stick.
I have had the unfortunate experience of crunching on a chunk of bone at least a quarter inch in diameter whilst eating a McDonald's hamburger. More than once. If that processed slop can have bones and cartilage bits in it, I don't think it's an indicator of "naturalness" or whatever the opposite of processed is.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #18 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
I have had the unfortunate experience of crunching on a chunk of bone at least a quarter inch in diameter whilst eating a McDonald's hamburger. More than once. If that processed slop can have bones and cartilage bits in it, I don't think it's an indicator of "naturalness" or whatever the opposite of processed is.
::cringe:: Bet that was not fun.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #19 
Saphira101

well, I'm glad you saw it! I feed all of my fish omega one pellets, I have found that they work best for me. I think that it would definitely be less risky to switch to pellets, as they seem kind of like powder that has been formed into little balls. I hope you find a food that works for you and your fish!

~Saphira
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #20 
RoMay

I bought pellets tonight. If she wont' eat them I'll stick them to my finger then put my finger in the tank to see if she'll attack it agian. Now that she's gotten feisty no reason why I can't use it against her for her own good. Right?