Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #1 
Solaris

Exclamation Where to Buy Bettas?

Hi! I'm going to be getting myself a new Betta once my tank is finished cycling. But, I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions about where to buy them cheaply. I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

I looked on the Petco site (even though there's none in Canada) to compare prices. They sell CTs for $3.60!!!! The cheapest kind here is the VT, but I still have to pay almost $7 for one! HMs were $25!

I would love to get a CT or an HM, but they're just so expensive!

(This ended up being sort of like a little rant, but I'm done now.)
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #2 
Myates

There are a few Canadian breeders on the forums that may be able to help you out. Sena Hansler is one I know of off the top of my head. Unsure whether they are close to you or not, but worth a shot. Unfortunately, anything shipped to you will be pricey due to shipping costs.
Are there any other pet stores around you?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #3 
Solaris

There are two that are close by, but they have those same prices. There are some further away, but I would only be able to go when the weather is warm. (Since I have to take the metro.)

I will probably order one from a breeder in the future, but only after I find myself a job and my own place to live. (And once I'm more experienced with Bettas, of course.)
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote