Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #11 
carbonxxkidd

Thanks! Yeah, I guess we'll see what happens...I ordered like $60 worth of plants, so if it's as much as I think it is, the girls might get to just go in because there should be enough hiding spots for everyone with the plants and the big tree log thing I have in there. The tank is warmed up now, and the girls definitely want to get out and explore! I've fed each one enough daphnia to make them look plump, and they want more. It's funny to see such a small betta attack a full grown daphnia - they truly are vicious little things. I actually was hesitant to give them anything but the tiny daphnia because they are so small, but they can definitely handle it - little predators!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Haha, wow! What feisty little things!! Ahh, its when I read things like that that I miss my girls and my sorority so much....they were always SO spunky! I did pick up a very feisty young male today though. Ah, hopefully within the next few months I can get the 46 out...

Oh! Out of curiosity, where did you order your plants? I've been looking to buy some things I can't get around here, like Java moss and such, and just in general maybe a few healthier specimens online.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #13 
carbonxxkidd

I ordered them from plantedaquariumscentral.com. I saw someone else on this forum recommend them, and so I thought I'd give them a try. They seem to have good reviews, and I guess the lady always sends extra plants which is cool. If you use the promo code "BETTAFISH" you get a discount too, not sure if it's 5 or 10%. I'm very nervous though because it is super cold here right now and I'm hoping my plants don't freeze! I have to work tomorrow when they are supposed to come, so hopefully my mail guy comes after I get home, lol. I'm kind of expecting half of what I bought to die too, because I have pretty low light in my tank (like 0.7wpg, not sure how accurate that is). I ordered all low light/beginner plants, but we'll see.... :)
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #14 
DragonFish

Oh, awesome! I'll have to head over there and take a look, thanks. :)
Yeah, its pretty cold around here too...but not too bad(well, if you ask me.....I did live in Montana for a while with temps regularly bellow 0, so my idea of bad is....pretty bad xD), and I'm home most of the time so I'm not too worried about plants possibly dying on me. A fish maybe....

Haha, well I'm afraid I know very little about wattages and such...I'm actually horrible with most plants, I kill just about everything, even managed to kill bamboo, so until recently I've kind of tried to avoid live plants. But so far my Java fern has survived. And I have a bit of Anacharis thats doing well....so I figure some hardy plants I can deal with. xD I'm mostly just looking for Java moss anyway, maybe some cheaper little Moss balls('cause they're cute <3.)

Good luck with yours! I look forward to seeing the pictures once its all planted. :)
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #15 
carbonxxkidd

My plants came today, and are currently acclimating.

I also went to a different Petco this morning and bought 3 CT females...so I now have 7 cups floating on top of my tank, lol. I'm thinking I am probably just going to add them first and hope that they are nice to any other tank-mates I add later. They will probably still float for a day or two anyway. I haven't taken pictures yet, but one is a cambodian, one is salamander I think, and one is multicolor - blue/purple/red. The salamander one started showing breeding stripes the minute I changed her water and gave her daphnia! I think she's probably the smallest female I have too...funny.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #16 
DragonFish

Awesome! xD Can't wait to see pics when all the plants go in!

Aww, congrats on the even newer girls!! xD They sound absolutely adorable, especially that Salamander one!
Haha, I wish you the best of luck with them in the corys! Hopefully the tank is big enough that if you just rearrange a few things everything will go smoothly!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #17 
carbonxxkidd

Here are a few pics of the girls, I'm not really sure what their color classifications are (not sure if the salamander was/is a salmander, lol)...

I just kind of threw all the plants in there, I think it looks pretty good and full...now hopefully they will stay alive and grow lol.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Ahhh, that tank is GORGEOUS!! I'm totally jealous, that is am AMAZING setup!

And your girls are definitely adorable of course. xD And you got the colors right I think. That one does look quite salamanderish....