Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #1 
Fabian

Exclamation Female fry colouration.

Is it possible if the line does not contain the cambodian gene but have a cambodian fry as a offspring?
I got a female that has a flesh coloured body with red fins.
And does female have their colours later than males?
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I found my males got more color faster, but the females were not too far behind.

Is your female a cambodian? My crowntail is apparently from a cambodian line, and the female is cambodian. If I breed them together I'll probably get some cambodians.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

It's possible considering there are NO PURE genetics. Bettas have been crossed bred excessively in an attempt to create new variations. Perhaps the combodian pattern was one of the "hidden gens" that goes back 3-4 generations up it's line.

Females will show color about the same time as males, but they will not "color up" like males. Females often show stress lines longer than males (not always). This also is influenced by how aggressive she is. Your female sounds more genetic related than environment.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote