Betta Fish Forum banner

Thai-Viet-Malay Plaket Spawn Log

26K views 203 replies 25 participants last post by  tanseattle 
#1 ·
Here is the parents. They already did it. There are so many fries. I will try to take picture of the fries later. Fries are now 3 days old.

Father (Thai PK) and Mother (Viet-Malay PK):

See less See more
#179 ·
First time I ship fish

Today my fish arrived to Mansfield, OH safely. Thank goodness. I was always worry that they are hungry, tired, and will not make it. But they did. I am so happy they arrived safely in OH.

It has been a long trip for these three plaket boys.

#180 ·
Look at the tracking information above:

I took three fish to sort facility post office at Seattle-Tacoma (Seatac) airport hoping to save them some hours. I drove 5 extra miles for my fish.

What the heck, from sort facility at the airport, my betta were delivered back to Kent, WA sort facility, which is 5 block away from my house. After Kent, WA sort facility, the fish are back to Seatac Airport to fly to OH.

They stop over in PA which is about 5 hours from Mansfield OH. Poor three guys. This was an extra long trip for them.

Next time I will take my fish to sort facility in Kent, WA; this is so much closer to me. I used to have my mailbox located there. Hopefully this will save my fish 6 hours and 24 miles drive from Seatac to Kent and Kent back to Seatac, and I will also save $1 on gas.

#181 ·
But now they are safe and sound in their new home happily snacking on bloodworms :) I can't tell you enough how gorgeous these guys are! And the darkest one you sent has the most energy I've ever seen in a betta! I put him next to one of the others to get some pics of him flaring and he was going crazy haha tail slapping the water surface and everything. Good thing his QT tank is covered, I don't put it past him to jump out!

#185 ·
So did you get the new house? Or just decide to do it anyways!!
They are great looking! The blue and white is my favorite! Not sure if it's the male or female though

#186 ·
Hi AEMaki,

My wife is very slow in buying a new house. I will go ahead to conditioning them. I hope to breed soon so we will have mature betta by May and F2 generation start in July.

You mean the the blue and white (yellow Mustard Gas) right? That is the male. The female is koi with all kind of dots and atleast 5 colors.

Tan

#187 ·
Yeah..he looks blue and white in the picture...or at least the way I see it on my phone.

Goodluck!

#188 ·
He is blue, white, black, yellow, and some green. He is not a pure mustard gas. I hope to have special pattern and color for this spawn.

The next backup pair will be fancy koi male (orange, blue, yellow, and white) and female (yellow, green, with red dots); their picture will be posted tomorrow.

#192 ·
I had been following-up on your spawning log, I am in South Africa and the types of betta are extremely rare. I managed to get hold of someone who started importing these variety of bettas like DT, HM, Plakats and Dragon. He eventually imported some of these varieties which I have now set-up my own breeding programme since June 2012. I am currently the only one in South Africa currently breeding CT Black, HM White & Plakats. What I have noticed from all my spawns are that the plakat fry are much more aggressive at such a young age.

#196 ·
To breed or not to breed, that is the question.

Three of my new pairs are under conditioning. I just want to prepare them for breeding.

Everything is still up in the air to breed or not to breed because my wife has a problem with to buy or not to buy a second house. If we buy a new house, it will be 800sf bigger. I will have a full-time fish room. If we buy a new house soon, then I may have to delay breeding. My wife can not make up her mind to buy or not to buy a second house.

I also have a problem to move or not to move. I was thinking about finding a teaching (chemistry/biology) job in Houston TX. If we move to TX then it is not worth to buy a second house now. TX house is big 2-3 bigger than and also 2-3 time cheaper than Seattle. Teacher salary in TX is almost the same as in Seattle. Living condition is much cheaper.

If we stick 5-10 year longer in Seattle, then it is worth it to buy a house now...

So many question, but I am thinking about convincing my wife go ahead and buy a second house in Seattle. Since her parents are old and they are Seattle. I think we will move to Texas in 5-10 years after the parents are gone, which is much easier than for my wife to move.

Well if in the next few days we decided to buy a new house, then I will wait to breed my pairs in the new house and have beautiful baby bettas for sale by May and F2 generation by August.

To be cont....

#198 ·
I just moved out of houston a few years ago. Yes, cost of living is dirt cheap. But the heat.....after 7-yrs there I still couldn't get use to the summer heat. And it's ghetto there, had my car stolen TWICE in 12 months.

To breed or not to breed, that is the question.

Three of my new pairs are under conditioning. I just want to prepare them for breeding.

Everything is still up in the air to breed or not to breed because my wife has a problem with to buy or not to buy a second house. If we buy a new house, it will be 800sf bigger. I will have a full-time fish room. If we buy a new house soon, then I may have to delay breeding. My wife can not make up her mind to buy or not to buy a second house.

I also have a problem to move or not to move. I was thinking about finding a teaching (chemistry/biology) job in Houston TX. If we move to TX then it is not worth to buy a second house now. TX house is big 2-3 bigger than and also 2-3 time cheaper than Seattle. Teacher salary in TX is almost the same as in Seattle. Living condition is much cheaper.

If we stick 5-10 year longer in Seattle, then it is worth it to buy a house now...

So many question, but I am thinking about convincing my wife go ahead and buy a second house in Seattle. Since her parents are old and they are Seattle. I think we will move to Texas in 5-10 years after the parents are gone, which is much easier than for my wife to move.

Well if in the next few days we decided to buy a new house, then I will wait to breed my pairs in the new house and have beautiful baby bettas for sale by May and F2 generation by August.

To be cont....

#199 ·
Tonight my wife went back to one of the houses that we wanted to make an offer last month but someone beat us to it. Well what you know that house is back on the market. We made an offer for it 5 minutes later. The offer is solid. I hope we will get that house. We both love it when we first saw it a month ago.

If we got that house, we will have 50% bigger space than our current house. There will be 1 bed room more and an extra garage space. So I will have a big fish room and also an exercise area with a table tennis.

The good thing is that I delay my winter spawn. I hope to get back to spawn in February. Most likely we will not move into the new house until February 1 if every thing goes smoothly.

Oh well from spawn log to home purchasing log. Sorry betta lover but this is a journey with stop sign and a little detour to my next spawn.

#202 ·
Hi VictorP

My goal is to establish quality HMPK with unique pattern of many colors. Right now I have 4 pairs with many colors.

The male in the 4th pair has unique color: black, yellow, orange, green, and some white spots. The picture does not show all his color.

Tan

#203 ·
hmm im no expert but i think since you got time to pick breeding pairs, maybe take your time and get only super nice ones... esp form wise. then it wont take you years to reach your goal of quality.

some of your pairs got some nice colors but dont seem to have the form. unless they are bad pics. but of course as i said earlier... im no expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.