Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #51 
Goldie2nd

I'm still planning this out in my head. I already have a few heaters like four so once I move I'll have the 10g tank and two extra tanks with heaters and deco on my disposal to start the Rescue.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #52 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would stick with 1 gallon for rescues. More space.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #53 
Goldie2nd

Oh I will do 1 gallons for rescues but I'm still doing a sorority of my own ;) I'm thinking of doing 3-5 rescues at a time as to not overwhelm myself. I don't want to take more than I can chew. I think 3-5 rescues at a time is easy enough for me to start and keep it going.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #54 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post

The other thing, if you to go the LFS and pick up the sick fish, ask that you get them for free. Explain what you are trying to do and hopefully they see the light and agree with you. If you pay anything for the sick fish, it will give those LFS an incentive to keep on buying and treating them as before, since they know they can sell the fish, regardless of their condition.
I was just about to say the same thing. By BUYING sick fish, you're just paying the store to take bad care of their fish because they're going to get more in to replace the ones sold. If you convince them that the fish is sick and will die in the store, you could get it for free. Then they're out money if you and others can do this often enough, and they will start taking better care of them or getting them from a breeder who takes better care of them.
I did this once- I saw a little female in Petsmart with hardly any fins left. I got her for free, but sadly it was too late and she died the next day. I have a feeling she came in like that, though. Because that Petsmart takes good care of their bettas and I never see any of them in bad condition. I also hadn't seen that one before and I usually look at the female bettas every time I go in.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #55 
MoonShadow

I've been running a small successful rescue for almost a year now, if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask me!! I'm happy to help!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #56 
Goldie2nd

Thank you MoonShadow I am sure ill contact you at some point. Your article on starting a rescueand all that has helped me a lot so far as to know what I can and can't do and such.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #57 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The Bettas that havent been medicated you can use there water for plants like gardens. Maybe IAT outside.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote