Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #1 
SolomonFinch

Exclamation Sororities...Part 2, Photos

Please check out my album (listed on my profile)...I am very worried about this. The album description as well as part one of this post, describe my issues and worries...please look and help if you can.
Thank you!
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #2 
SolomonFinch

Could it be swim bladder? when I saw her at the store yesterday she wasnt like this. today when i went back to get her her bowl appeared as all the rest, aside from the black x on it...very tiny magic marker x and/ but she was still for sale....
OMG I hope some brat didnt come through and DROP her bowl! Ill feel so badly for not taking her home when I saw her...
What could the tiny X on her lid mean? why would they still sell her? If it is swim bladder from injury, can she live? I know I should "fast" her....but she acts starved...o no!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #3 
SolomonFinch

Well, she died over the night. Before I went to bed last night I checked all the bowls under a light again, and hers had a definite impact fisure along the bottom. I am thinking someone dropped her.
I am very upset. And crying.
The other four are looking quite healthy now.
But I don't really have he heart to continue with a sorority.
It was to be a surprise for my kids when they returned home from their annual holiday visit with their Dad... and by all accounts you cannot have a sorority with 4 fish...if one more died I would flip.
Dunno what I am going to do, but thanks for listening.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #4 
SolomonFinch

I should clarify that I built the sorority around her, I attached to her quickly, I should have bought her the minute I saw her. Instead I waited and she got hurt.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #5 
Xeek

I would have rather seen a photo or two here with the problem rather than a redirect to somewhere else. I may feel up to looking later, but many of us are on this board as a matter of convenience.
Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #6 
SolomonFinch

Xeek, I am new to message boards, believe it or not. I just posted photis on my bettafish profile. I dont know how to post them directly into the response box.
I couldn't find any info on bettas online, or a satisfactory book (most are aimed towards kids) so I found an online forum. I have never used a forum before. Never had a need to until now.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #7 
SolomonFinch

and thats ok, you dont have to look anything up. she is dead. I am taking the other four to a Fish Store my friend has used for years. I am donating them to be given as gifts in the event some child wants them between now and the holidays. They are all healthier, almost overnight....one is still constipated, but after 24 more hours I will ask the owner to give her a shelled pea. Thats what I do for my Oranda. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by SolomonFinch; 12-23-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: i can't spell