Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #11 
Laki

There are shippers that can ship over the border. I guess, according to Aquabid. I just could never sink that much money on a fish personally. I prefer to buy local. Just going to have to wait a while lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #12 
Kim

I agree with what has been said. I actually think that fish with shorter fins (plakats and females) just tend to be less prone to fin issues. Fin biting is definitely a man-made disorder - you'd never see a wild fish disfiguring itself. Since owning fin biters who would not stop regardless of what I did, I will definitely be going with all plakats and females in the future.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #13 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
There are shippers that can ship over the border. I guess, according to Aquabid. I just could never sink that much money on a fish personally. I prefer to buy local. Just going to have to wait a while lol
AB is a good place to get betta but it does get expensive. my DT cost $50 total. 30 to ship total and 20 to send to Montreal. i did cut back on local mail risks by picking up the fish myself in person. there's a transhipper on the island, albeit a bit of a public tranport trip but well worth the time to take.

i dont visit Ab much at all though im not too willing to buy there again unless i find that very special betta. local is fine with me even if its from a local breeder ie Canadabetta.com
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #14 
Laki

Well you saved some money that way for sure. Nobody in Newfoundland would sink money into a transhipper business here. The island is far too wide and spread out, not worth the gas.

I think when I go home after christmas I'm going to look into tank and short fin betta options. I dreamed I had a 20g and that my pet-sitter let one of my fish die so I removed the divider and put some females in there and some ADF's lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote