Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #1 
Jane3dog

Flushie died today

I got Flushie 18 months ago. My son was leaving university when he saw some girls about to flush him down the toilet. He brought him home, he was in a tall vase with dirty water.

We put him in a bowl with treated water and gravel. He was beautiful.

That was the start of a journey of learning for me and life improving for Flushie. Over the next few months we went from the bowl to a small tank, to a bigger tank and then to a 5 gallon tank. We got the recommended heater and filter system. We got live plants, then took them out when somewhere it said they were not good for them. We tested the plastic plants in case they were sharp and hurt him, we removed some. He had a castle to hide in. (The lady in the pet store when I bought supplies told me they dont like anything in their tank, not true) He loved to rest on one of the plants when he was not swimming around. He came to greet me every time I went to his tank.

He had been sick for a while with a swollen abdomen, your forum gave me help. But it was too late, and this morning we woke to him laying dead on the bottom of his tank. It was so sudden, because he was perky yesterday.

We have buried him in the garden. We will miss him. We put a fish ornament on the Xmas tree with his name on it. Our Xmas letter is signed from him, the kids, the two dogs and the two rabbits.

Good night Flushie.
Jane3dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #2 
registereduser

You should be proud of your compassionate son and the care you gave an abused fish. RIP Flushie
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #3 
LittleBlueFishlets

SIP, Flushie - I don't know about the beginning of your life, but it sounds like you had 18 months of happiness.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #4 
isochronism

Jane, you & son did well!! Merry Christmas
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #5 
Mirage23

I'm so proud of you for saving that poor little fish. I'm so sorry you lost him. SIP
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 
BETTACHKALOVE

He would never know what life is without you. Sorry for your loss.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 
bryanacute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane3dog View Post
I got Flushie 18 months ago. My son was leaving university when he saw some girls about to flush him down the toilet. He brought him home, he was in a tall vase with dirty water.

We put him in a bowl with treated water and gravel. He was beautiful.

That was the start of a journey of learning for me and life improving for Flushie. Over the next few months we went from the bowl to a small tank, to a bigger tank and then to a 5 gallon tank. We got the recommended heater and filter system. We got live plants, then took them out when somewhere it said they were not good for them. We tested the plastic plants in case they were sharp and hurt him, we removed some. He had a castle to hide in. (The lady in the pet store when I bought supplies told me they dont like anything in their tank, not true) He loved to rest on one of the plants when he was not swimming around. He came to greet me every time I went to his tank.

He had been sick for a while with a swollen abdomen, your forum gave me help. But it was too late, and this morning we woke to him laying dead on the bottom of his tank. It was so sudden, because he was perky yesterday.

We have buried him in the garden. We will miss him. We put a fish ornament on the Xmas tree with his name on it. Our Xmas letter is signed from him, the kids, the two dogs and the two rabbits.

Good night Flushie.
sniff sniff. That was very touching..... sip
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote