Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #631 
djembekah

:/ that's so weird and it sounds extra sucky. i'm sorry you have to deal with that!!! hope you can get it figured out :3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #632 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
:/ that's so weird and it sounds extra sucky. i'm sorry you have to deal with that!!! hope you can get it figured out :3
Me too, I have another appt. with my doctor on Jan 4th. I am going to ask her to do a hormone test to see if any of my hormones are imbalanced. Even if she doesn't think so I am going to ask her to humor me. My insurance runs out in June, so I want to do as many tests as possible before it runs out. Maybe out of pure luck I will stumble across my issue.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #633 
djembekah

could very well be hormones.did you try just the one kind of birth control, or a few different kinds?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #634 
ThePearlFish

Various versions of Yaz. I did Yaz, Ocella, Yasmin. Maybe it is the type of hormone in it.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #635 
djembekah

yeah, maybe they'll try something else
Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #636 
birdielikestomatoes

When I first started Yaz I had a period for three months straight. But once that was over I've had no problems. I don't take the placebos so I believe it's been nearly a year now since I've had a period.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #637 
TheCheese909

Periods suck, we can all agree with that. I'm 22 and I got my first one when i was 11, really suckish to start early like that. I haven't been able to find a good birth control either (which isn't an issue since my boyfriend lives in Texas and I'm in California lol), the two I've tried haven't been good to me.. I was allergic to one and it made my break out in a rash all over my arms and my legs and the other made me nauseous as all hell. I would love to try one again sometime, my periods are heavy and i get cramps like crazy- bad enough to where I can't breathe right and I've even blacked out twice.

Mood swings can be not fun either, especially if they happen around your boyfriend lol, then they get all upset because they don't understand what's happening lol, looking back it's funny but when it's happening it's so not cool.

Oh, another bad one is.... body hair... or even facial hair, even if it's just one random hair or if you have alot of it it's some of the worst stuff ever. EVER!!
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #638 
Rosso1011

That is a very unusual problem you are having, Ayala. You said you were experiencing this on depo provera? The depo shot contains rather high levels of hormones compared to most pills.

I am highly sensitive to the hormones used in pills and a lot women, myself included, have found nuvaring to be a blessing. I know a lot of people are like, "EW! That sounds gross!" (due to the process of placing and removing the ring), however, I have found that it has the least side effects. As an added bonus, you only have to worry about it 2x a month; taking it out and inserting a new one when it's time.

I think you should make an appointment if you haven't had this checked out already. You may very well have some other sort of hormone imbalance that may need some attention.

I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by Rosso1011; 12-23-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #639 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I tried BC, but it made me have two periods one after another, so I literally was like having them almost the whole month. Of COURSE, right now I am having them every two weeks (unusual), so it is not like this is any better...ughhhhhhhhhh...
I had that problem with the pill. I can only be prescribed certain contraceptives due to my tendency towards headaches and migraines. No way I will try the pill again. One period a month is enough.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #640 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I had that problem with the pill. I can only be prescribed certain contraceptives due to my tendency towards headaches and migraines. No way I will try the pill again. One period a month is enough.
This!!! That is why I use the Paragard. No maintenance in 10 years other than checking for the strings every once in a while. Of course, this leaves me with the crazy hormones around the femaleness time though..