Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which of these two should I get?
Crested Gecko 6 40.00%
White's Tree Frog 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

Getting a new critter...need opinions!~

So, my mom surprised me with a 10 gallon tall reptile tank today :D She said she found it for 5 dollars at a garage sale and bought it without really thinking. It doesn't have anything with it yet other than a screen lid - however I fully intend on buying stuff to make it a home for a new reptile. :3
Thing is, I'm not really sure which of these two I want more: a white's tree frog or a crested gecko. They're both absolutely adorable!
So I'd like some opinions from people who've had either of them before. Not only on which one you like more, but care tips and all that general stuff is appreciated as well. :3
Thank you!~ :D
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #2 
DragonFyre14

I haven't actually owned either, nor do I know much about the care about either of them, but the crested geckos are really cute and seem like they will display their personalities better than the frog. I really like the little crests/spikes over their eyes and such.
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I voted frog, you have some geckos I see so many try something different. The white's tree frogs are nice because you can handle them (though still not often) unlike some of the more delicate frogs, they have tougher skins..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #4 
xXGalaxyXx

Okie, so, a few updates...I told my mom about the two I was planning on getting, she looked up pictures and said they were both too cute and she couldn't help me decide. But when we went to the petstore for me to make my 'final decision' earlier today, she found an identical tank to the one we already have, threw it in the cart, and told me to go crazy. :P I love my mom.
So, after a couple hours of shopping around and whatnot, I ended up with Bubbles the whites tree frog and Ruby the crested gecko <3 I'll try to get pictures of them later tonight, Ruby is being shy and Bubbles is a bit too hyperactive for my camera to focus on him properly right now. They're too cute <3
Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Wow your mom is awesome!!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #6 
xXGalaxyXx

Got Ruby to come out for a little bit <3 She's such a cute. Couldn't get anything of Bubbles yet, he stopped spazzing around and now he's being shy as well xD

Gotta love that weird pose xD