Betta Fish Forum banner

GRRRRRR WAL MART! Two bettas in one cup!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SpeakNow13 
#1 ·
Looked at wal marts bettas and saw two females in one cup together! The water was filthy, one was flaring and the other was trying to get away! My boyfriend wasn't happy about it but let me buy them. I brought them home and they're now separate and relaxing. How are they allowed to sell living things I will NEVER understand. That and then they would have been left alone in that cup together all day Christmas if I didn't get them! Poor babies! Sorry for the rant. I hope you and all of your fishys have a lovely Christmas!

#2 ·
Did you leave them in one cup and pay one price?

#4 ·
how did you self-check the betta cup with the barcode on the top? did you have to turn it upside down?

#6 ·
Your walmart still has self check?! I'm jealous. I miss that.

And if it's self check I totally wouldn't have pressed two >.<... It's their neglect not yours.

#7 ·
You honestly think Walmart did that on purpose?

It was probably a bunch of "children" who's parent's let them run WILD in the store. Since there's usually no one around the pet department, one the little Einsteins probably thought it would brilliant & hilarious to put two of these FIGHTING fish together.

A few years ago I walked into a PETCO & found 2 m-bettas in a similar situation. These fish were fighting for probably several hours & had virtually no fins remaining. I brought the container over to a daydreaming employee so they were aware and asked them if I could have them, but they refused to SELL/give them away in that condition.

Back then I could have cared less about bettas. Anyway I had dinner plans with friends in the area, so I left. It would be interesting to see if I could have saved one of two, probably wouldn't have been able to do much though. At that period in time, I never had any experience treating fish with such badly damaged fins.

C'est la vie

#8 ·
Someone on this forum said that they caught some teenage boys trying to dump the Bettas into other cups, so it's more likely that's what happened and wal-mart didn't do it.

#11 ·
That makes me so angry! I am 15 and love doing dumb stuff for entertainment, but I would NEVER do that! I know some teenagers who thought it would be funny to ductape two cats to the bottom of a trashcan and then use that same can as target practice for basketball! I hate those immature things! I just don't know why teenagers think it's cool to "impress" your friends doing things like that...

The things humanity does these days...

#9 ·
I thought that as well. Or it was some stupid employee who doesnt think that females will fight. I looked around everywhere for a cup to seperate them but then found it easier just to buy them. If I didnt im sure they would have sat there together all day long on christmas while nobody was in the store :cry: Oh well. At least they're happy now and both such pretty fishies! Now I need names!

#10 ·
Post pics and I'll suggest some =]!

#13 ·
Sigh....at Walmart again on my lunch break. Had extra time so I looked at the bettas like an idiot and saw the cutest little crown tail covered in white spots! Even his eyes have ich! I would post a pic but I'm on my cell phone. I really don't have the space for another betta but I feel so so so terrible leaving him here like this. Help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.