Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #16011 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
So...
A good friend of a lot of my friends last night got murdered...
It was a hit and run...
I can't understand how and why people would do that! It's sick!
Hit and runs aren't supposed to happen here!! Or anywhere!!
He was only 18.
I feel so sad right now, even if I only met him once or twice.
It's a day before Christmas.
That's going to be a day his family wont have with him.
A day that he won't be able to grow up.
A day his friends will never forget.
A sad day.

It's horrible.:(

*hugs* there are no words to express the sadness i feel for you, no words that can be said to ease your sorrow i hope ..... i will light a candle for your friend.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #16012 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyFish97 View Post
RANT: MY INTERNET KEEPS COMING UP WITH A SCAM MESSAGE SAYING I HAVE SOME VIRUS AND CLICK THIS TO INSTALL SOFTWARE TO REMOVE IT-IM NOT STUPID I KNOW THAT IF I CLICK THAT I AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL A BUNCH OF BUGS AND VIRUSES THAT I DIDN'T HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! arrrgh really annoying that I have to scan my pc everytime that message comes up just to make sure it hasn't installed anything dodgy without me knowing :@ #youmakememadsucker (snickers advert)
FYI if you get those your supposed to CTRL+ALT+Delete those suckers to close them. If you can't just hard shut down yoru computer and start up again. Clicking the x to close the window majority of the time does you little good. Someone mentioned malwarebytes and I want to say that's correct. Also do a run through with superantispyware. I usually use CNet.com so I don't click on a bad link. Sad thing about being connected to the interent so easily now day in age is if your hit with anything you can't just simply pull the plug.

I got hit two times by two nasty ones with in two weeks. BOTH shut down my comptuer where I couldn't restart, my computer repair guy still hasn't forgiven me or stopped laughing. Sometimes I wonder what goes through virus makers minds. Then I remember I knew a few people who did... They were very bored lonely people with nothing better to do. PS: Now days depending on the damage it can equal jail time.

As the person who lost some on Christmas eve, I am sorry for your loss. I live in CA and it happens all to often. When I was coming to work a jerk almost took out a mother and child. Child would have been the first. Mom pulled her kid asside in time. Then to top it off the guy bad mouthed her. We had the white crossing man too.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #16013 
Silverfang

get avast. It's free and super effective. Have it on both my machines. Swear by it.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #16014 
ThePearlFish

BF went out right now and I know he got me an xmas gift! >:[ Why can't he just leave well enough alone when I tell him I don't want anything! And when I told my mom she made it worse with her "It's not about you" comment. If it is going to be MY gift I think it BETTER be about what I want!

And now I screwed up my happy mood. I can't have a normal holiday or Bday without being in a depressed mood or something going wrong can I?? I should've known better than to talk to my mom.

Plus, the snow turned to rain and I am depressed miserable in the rain. Greeeaatt...

Sorry for the whining >.<....
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #16015 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Your MOM is RIGHT. He's wanting to buy you something, why on earth can't what he gets you be a suprise??
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #16016 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Dr.Cooper is right about presents.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #16017 
Shirleythebetta

I don't tell my husband anymore. I don't want him to get me anything because we share our money to pay bills we are poor so to me a good gift is getting my bills paid. He does it anyway so I don't waste my breath. I can't say it depresses me though. He got me an almost all black bunny with grey feet. He's a dwarf mix. Sweetest little baby he's playing in my lap right now.

Only thing depressing me is I may not make it to my parents next Saturday for my side of Christmas its gonna snow wendsday and Saturday which is the day I'm supposed to go. Sigh. We may have Christmas in January lol.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #16018 
fishman12

I heard a funny song on the radio. It was a parody of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." It was called something like "The Twelve Pains of Christmas."
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #16019 
BeckyFish97

Well its been an amazing christmas, only one rant is that i went out with my family on christmas eve and encountered a bunch of lecherous guys i was wearing my lbd which is actually not that little, and i was walking up the street gripping my brother'sarm toprevent me slipping in any ice when i walked past these guys and they started wolf whistling (for the record i am a lady not a dog) then one of them shouted you can do better than that (meaning that they thought my brother was my bf) i was thinking yes youre right because a: its my brother and b: those guys werent even close to my standards (lol) butto be completely honest the whole scene as a 15yr old girl made me feel dirty and actually upset me a lot now ifeel like i cant wear thatdress again which is wrong because it is perfectly respectable, and yet there are still wierdo's out there that think its ok to say stuff like that to a girlroughly 6 years younger than them lol more of a moan than a rant but hey ho

Ps: sorry for all the typos got a tablet forchristmas and im still getting used tothesmaller keyboard
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #16020 
fishman12

That sucks. People are animals these days.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou