Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #1 
RoMay

Should I get this tank?

I noticed the Fluval Chi 5 Gallon Aquarium Kit is on sale today only at petsmart and I always wanted an aquarium like that. However the reviews are all over the place on it. Has anyone else used a similar aquarium. Futhermore can you use those glass gems in stead of stone because face it I wouldn't trust Kaoru with her love of burrowing. Also another fear I have is I am more then a bit of a clutz I don't want something that's flimsy. My roomate has a seemless 1 gallon and I cleaned that thing and it was so freaky picking it up.

From what I read yes I know I'd have to make a lid that is what the dollar tree a plastic cutting board and craft mesh is for.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #2 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i have been looking for a nano tank too. i've been asking around on this site too. i have heard that the chi isn't very good. i have heard good reviews on the aqueon evolve series. and the fluval spec v. the 5 gallon mini bow is good , also the hawkeye 5 gallon from walmart got good reviews. hope this helps.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #3 
RoMay

EVERYTHING keeps bringing me back to walmart. XD I will give till midday for someone to change my mind... Is the one at walmart still on sale? -ep- goes checks.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #4 
sandybottom
Reference Team

just saw it on-line for $20.00.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #5 
RoMay

IT's raining cats and dogs outside so I decided to go with it and yes it's only 20 dollars. Plan on dividing it between Kaoru and Jabi they're both small bettas so room won't be an issue. Though I am sure even with the new tank I'll only see Kaoru. Jabi is more of a hider. I betcha with the two polar opposite personalities I could put them in the 5 gal together without a divider and neither would notice each other (Seriously not that insane though).

Going a bit more off topic, Jabi has finally lost her "baby" stripes, it happened so fast she looks like not my betta anymore XD./
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #6 
xjenuhfur

The problems I've read from the tank is the evaporation rate (because its topless), and the filter hole (which can be easily fixed).
Your going to have evaporation because its a rimless tank, and you will always have evap anyway. As for the jumping problem, they make a lid for this tank. Or you can craft one for yourself out of craft mesh.
There was a pro lem wth fish getting stuck in a hole(I believe) where the filter sucks in, but that was remedied with a piece of sponge in the hole.

I don't have this tank, but I do love how it looks. (:
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #7 
sandybottom
Reference Team

romay let me know how you like it. i'm still looking, so any feed back would be great. thanks.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #8 
txbettaowner

there is a 10 gallon Tetra tank on sale for $40 at Petco. I bought one and it has a Whisper filter, heater, and thermometer. I love it
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #9 
isochronism

I recently got a Fluval Spec V 5 gal & Spec 2 gal solely based upon their narrow footprint to fit side/side on my windowsill. I fully like them!! Either one is very well designed tho, well more than $20.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #10 
KirstenMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbettaowner View Post
there is a 10 gallon Tetra tank on sale for $40 at Petco. I bought one and it has a Whisper filter, heater, and thermometer. I love it
I can get 10 gallon tanks just like that for just $12 at Walmart. O__O
KirstenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote