Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #21 
resa

i'm still trying to feed him the pellets and tropical flakes but when i put the in the tank he doesnt eat them or even investigate whats been put in the tank... any suggestions?
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #22 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Some bettas are very picky eaters, even if it kills them. Since it's been days and he still won't eat, I suggest you get some frozen bloodworms. Don't get him used to bloodworms because he will never eat the pellets. The bloodworm is only for back up . . . . say 2 days of pellets and one feeding of blood worms. That way he will always be hungry but will not die. Eventually he should eat the pellets. Once he does, NEVER give him bloodworms for at least a month. Then give him bloodworms only as occasional treats.
Remamber to remove any uneaten pellet after 5-10 minutes.

If he won't take bloodworms, your water might be a bit too cold. Try raising temp. If you don't have a heater, place his tank somewhere warm.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote