Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #16021 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
I heard a funny song on the radio. It was a parody of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." It was called something like "The Twelve Pains of Christmas."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasSkqJBytk]The 12 pains of Christmas - YouTube[/ame]
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #16022 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyFish97 View Post
Well its been an amazing christmas, only one rant is that i went out with my family on christmas eve and encountered a bunch of lecherous guys i was wearing my lbd which is actually not that little, and i was walking up the street gripping my brother'sarm toprevent me slipping in any ice when i walked past these guys and they started wolf whistling (for the record i am a lady not a dog) then one of them shouted you can do better than that (meaning that they thought my brother was my bf) i was thinking yes youre right because a: its my brother and b: those guys werent even close to my standards (lol) butto be completely honest the whole scene as a 15yr old girl made me feel dirty and actually upset me a lot now ifeel like i cant wear thatdress again which is wrong because it is perfectly respectable, and yet there are still wierdo's out there that think its ok to say stuff like that to a girlroughly 6 years younger than them lol more of a moan than a rant but hey ho

Ps: sorry for all the typos got a tablet forchristmas and im still getting used tothesmaller keyboard

Aww, sweetie that sucks :/
It's happened to me before too. I don't get why guys think it's flattering. In the day and age we live in, it's just frightening and it always makes me feel ashamed and hurt even when I have no reason too. I'm sure you looked awesome in that dress, but you wore it for yourself, not for them!
Catcalls and street harassment are an extension of a culture that treats women's bodies as things, products for male consumption. A catcall makes a statement - that you are a thing open for any kind of male attention. That's why it hurts so d*** much. It makes you feel like a thing.

The good news is that we're not things and that our bodies belong to us and only us. And while it may be hard, I think women would manage better if we stand up to these kinds of calls when we feel safe enough to do so. You don't have to have a conversation, but if you're passing by, just a quick "That's degrading/My name's not 'baby'/I'm not your dog" etc.

And then come here and tell us all about it because we love you
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #16023 
Shirleythebetta

omg, my genealogy work is rewarding but sometimes it tears out my heart. Me and my sister work as a team to solve mysteries that haven't been solved in fifty plus years. A family asked me to solve a mystery of what happened to a child that went missing mysteriously in their family. I just figured out that both parents were arrested for killing this kid. A one year old.... I am mad as a hornet and it happened 65 years ago. Now I want to know who went on trial after both parents were arrested.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #16024 
BeckyFish97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Aww, sweetie that sucks :/
It's happened to me before too. I don't get why guys think it's flattering. In the day and age we live in, it's just frightening and it always makes me feel ashamed and hurt even when I have no reason too. I'm sure you looked awesome in that dress, but you wore it for yourself, not for them!
Catcalls and street harassment are an extension of a culture that treats women's bodies as things, products for male consumption. A catcall makes a statement - that you are a thing open for any kind of male attention. That's why it hurts so d*** much. It makes you feel like a thing.

The good news is that we're not things and that our bodies belong to us and only us. And while it may be hard, I think women would manage better if we stand up to these kinds of calls when we feel safe enough to do so. You don't have to have a conversation, but if you're passing by, just a quick "That's degrading/My name's not 'baby'/I'm not your dog" etc.

And then come here and tell us all about it because we love you
Thanks i feel much better knowing im not the only one i just felt like they thouht i some sort of "easy" girl because i dared to go out in a dress, which is definitely not what i am, ive seen girls who have no self respect and ive seen where it gets them, i refuse to be like that which is why i think it got to meso much!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #16025 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyFish97 View Post
Thanks i feel much better knowing im not the only one i just felt like they thouht i some sort of "easy" girl because i dared to go out in a dress, which is definitely not what i am, ive seen girls who have no self respect and ive seen where it gets them, i refuse to be like that which is why i think it got to meso much!
I think it happens to every girl at some point. It doesn't have anything to do with you really. If guys are gonna do it, they'll do it no matter what a woman is wearing :P
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #16026 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
I think it happens to every girl at some point. It doesn't have anything to do with you really. If guys are gonna do it, they'll do it no matter what a woman is wearing :P
I totally agree. I've gotten stares and hit on while wearing jeans and a T shirt. It's not you, Beckyfish97. It's the guys who don't know how to act.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #16027 
BeckyFish97

Lol i guess we're alljust that irresistable, that or all men have no self control!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #16028 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #16029 
Shirleythebetta

LOL, not all men are pigs. I promise. I found one that fell in love with me when I was eighteen and had that "hot bod". Now I am fat with mental issues and he still won't go away. The trick is getting one that will love you know matter what you look like in ten or twenty years. LOL.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #16030 
fishman12

Hey. Guys are present too.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou