Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #81 
sunstar93

So excited that it is Christmas Eve tonight. (:
So I woke up the other day, went downstairs to check on Toby, and he had a huge tear in his dorsal fin! No idea how it got there, there's nothing sharp and all plants are silk....it was kinda disturbing! But it's starting to heal, so I'm happy about that. He built a huge bubble nest the other day! It was cute lol and it's still there, he keeps adding to it.
I moved Leo into the kitchen so he can be around everyone and in the light. I figured if he's not getting better to at least enjoy him while I can! He seems happier already about not being all by himself in the study, which is where I put him because it was dark. I haven't gone down yet today, just got up, but if he was acting like he was last night, he will be very active and swimming around! He's so weird...acting sick most of the time but then having little spurts of energy!

Merry Christmas Eve(:
~Sunstar|
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #82 
sunstar93

So I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas(:
Today I fed my boys a couple of the baby sundried shrimp...Leo attacked his, it was actually kinda scary!! And Toby took a couple of bits and then left the rest. Picky lol. And then I gave them each a bloodworm...basically the same thing, Leo loved it, Toby ignored it this time. Picky boy.
Leo is doing so much better since I moved him to the kitchen! He's eating so well and swimming around all the time. I'm impressed!!
And Toby's got quite a bubble nest going! It's built up around the filter, behind the waterfall, and it's pretty! And he's also got it spread out across the right half of the tank. I added some more water to the tank and he gave me angry eyes and a pouty lip and went to check on his nest to make sure it wasn't disturbed lol. And tonight I caught him sleeping on one of the leaves of the purple silk plant. At first I thought he was dead...but nope, he was just taking a nap(:
~Sunstar~
Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #83 
sunstar93

Hope everyone is having a good year so far. Hard to believe it is already 2013!!
So after many weeks of worry and some praying...Leo is starting to heal! At least I think he is! Most/all of the rusty patches on his right side are gone! On his left side, there is still a small patch behind his gills and there's still some on his left ventral fin..but it's a start!! I'm going to do another Maracide regiment, since I think it might help.
Toby...his fins look terrible. I don't think he likes to be in the big tank. I think he is stressing out. His tail fin is ragged and torn and it's slightly disturbing. And his dorsal fin has taken a beating. I don't know if it is something in the tank or if it is just him biting the heck out of his fins. But next week when I move back to school he'll be moved back into his 1.5 gallon, which I hope will help solve the fin problem!!
Also, today I fed my turtle a small piece of turkey we got at the store today...not a huge piece, just a bite. She loved it lol.
~Sunstar~
Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #84 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Was the turkey organic?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #85 
sunstar93

No idea. It was from the deli counter at the store, but it was only a tiny piece.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #86 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bad Idea. The Chemicals are unhealthy to them.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #87 
sunstar93

It's mostly just pumped full of water. But I just wanted to see if she would like it. Usually we only give her bits of lettuce as a snack (in addition to her turtle food) but I just wanted to see if she would like it. She did lol
Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #88 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

As long as her snacks organic its great.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #89 
sunstar93

We always buy organic vegetables because we buy them whole (like whole carrots, whole heads of lettuce) and its cheaper and they are fresher, it seems like.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #90 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would love to see turtle pics.