Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #1 
otter

Cloudy eyes

My little sister has had a blue female betta-Lilo for about 2 years now,
at first she lived in a little vase, but I felt very bad for her so I put her in my 55 gallon with 5 xray tetra, some cory cats and 4 dwarf gourmi (they surprisingly all got along with the exception of a couple of fin nips here and there)

I decided to start a sorority, but I noticed that she was starting to get a white spot on one of her eyes, so I quarantined her, but the cloudyness got worse, so I treated her with some medicine (I forget what it was called) and it seemed to go away a little bit, so I moved the dwarf gourami to another tank and got 4 more female betta and started my sorority.
Soon after the sorority was started, I noticed that Lilo's cloudyness was getting worse, and that another female betta was getting the cloudyness too!
GAH! so I took them out and treated them, and it went away a little bit, and after a while it was nearly gone.

Now a few months later, all of the females are in a 20 gallon tank with a single 3 lined cory (who's friend died :'c)
And I noticed that Lilo's eyes where completely cloudy, but none of the other female's eyes were cloudy in the slightest.
I'm trying to figure out what this is!
Does anyone have any idea?

Tank: 20 gal
Filtered and heated
Water ph: about 9 (I know bad fish mom)
Hardness:0
Lots of hiding places
5 female betta + 3 lined corydora
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #2 
otter

Update:
I have noticed that all of the females are slightly bloated, I will fast them and then lightly feed them.
I have also noticed that one of my recently introduced females totoro, has developed a bit of the cloudyness too in both eyes
otter is offline   Reply With Quote