Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #11 
Silverfang

Unfortunately, with this disease there is nothing that can be done about it. Another member, a breeder, had to put down her entire stock after having discovered this. It's lethal, and despite rumors of kanaplex being able to treat if caught in time, I really don't think anything could have saved him.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #12 
LittleBlueFishlets

I am sorry for your loss.... If this was the mystery disease (recently determined to be an aggressive strain of Mycobacteria), then there would have been nothing you could have done, even if you'd been home with him. The progression is extremely fast. Blue bettas seem to be particularly susceptible to it.

If you want to know more about this disease, there's a thread stickied at the top of the Diseases/Emergencies forum about it. Clicking this link should take you directly to page 61, which is where the disease was identified as being Mycobacteria: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90086&page=61

Again, I am sorry for your loss.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote