Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #1 
xShainax

Appalling

I was looking up things to buy on Petsmart.com. I stopped at the Aqueon Betta Bowl 1/2 Gallon Starter Kit, and this is one of the comments

May 5, 2012
bettaBreeder
fromNew York, NY

I recommend this product for people who want to breed betas because you can keep a pair and mate them.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #2 
pittipuppylove

Welp, there goes another chunk of my faith in humanity. As soon as I get somewhere that I can use a laptop I'll try to find it and click the "this is not a helpful review" button.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #3 
Myates

Hehe... many breeders do breed in 1 gallons and such. It's quite common in many countries outside the US :) I know US breeders who use gallon plastic ice cream bowls very successfully with no damage to the breeders.

Is it ideal? Depends on who you ask.. unsure exactly how many use half gallons, but I know gallons are quite popular. A lot of people who breed because they love the species tends to look at their fish as pets and will try to give them the biggest and best. But those who breed for profit and notoriety, etc will use the very basics and both ways work just as well, with the same results. Would I ever use anything less than a 5g? I doubt it unless I get some very peaceful females.. the ones I have right now are quite the bullies and the males need the space to move away if needed.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #4 
hannah16

Wow... That's amazing ._. ...Humanity needs some savin'...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #5 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Hehe... many breeders do breed in 1 gallons and such. It's quite common in many countries outside the US :) I know US breeders who use gallon plastic ice cream bowls very successfully with no damage to the breeders.

Is it ideal? Depends on who you ask.. unsure exactly how many use half gallons, but I know gallons are quite popular. A lot of people who breed because they love the species tends to look at their fish as pets and will try to give them the biggest and best. But those who breed for profit and notoriety, etc will use the very basics and both ways work just as well, with the same results. Would I ever use anything less than a 5g? I doubt it unless I get some very peaceful females.. the ones I have right now are quite the bullies and the males need the space to move away if needed.
I know they use 1 gallons, but a half gallon? Seems way too small
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #6 
Myates

It is rather small.. unsure what that guy was trying to say lol. But the average keeper? I wouldn't recommend it.. I hate using them for mine as it is :(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

You know the person who wrote that review probably was quite successful with their breeding venture, whereas so many people who put in the hard yards, do their research and purchase all the necessary supplies never have any luck.

It always seems to happen like that with pets. The more you know, the more things go wrong. Had it happen with dogs, cats and fish. Sometimes I think ignorance must be bliss because at least when the wheels fall off the wagon you don't have the slightest clue anything is amiss.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #8 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
You know the person who wrote that review probably was quite successful with their breeding venture, whereas so many people who put in the hard yards, do their research and purchase all the necessary supplies never have any luck.

It always seems to happen like that with pets. The more you know, the more things go wrong. Had it happen with dogs, cats and fish. Sometimes I think ignorance must be bliss because at least when the wheels fall off the wagon you don't have the slightest clue anything is amiss.
I agree, it's sad
Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love those you can build Pictotypes and grow land plants.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote