Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1 
Aside

you go Glen Coco!

In this example Petco being Glen Coco. I know people usually start threads to comment on the horrors they are faced with at their local LFS but in the holiday spirit why don't we share any good stories we have?

I thought of this because I just got home from my local Petco and was pleasantly surprised. While the bettas were in those little itty cups it wasn't an unpleasant sight. Today was the day that I could finally get my new fish so I went off with the intent to maybe get a little guy (or girl) that wasn't in the best of shape confident that armed with all of you I could nurse them back to health. That didn't happen because I didn't see one sickly looking fish (well, betta anyway. I b-lined straight for them and didn't even look at their other finned friends). The water in all the cups was crystal clear. While there was a little debris on the bottom of some of the cups that's to be expected. There are living animals eating and pooping in those little cups. Better yet they all seemed super active. Some more than others but that appeared to be more of a personality thing as they all reacted when I picked up the cup or waved something in front of it.

They had a really nice selection. Lots of veil and delta tails but also lots of halfmoon and Elephant Ear bettas too. I brought home a beautiful metallic halfmoon.

Of course my pleasure with petco was slightly short lived because when I got home I noticed the tank I bought was scratched.

So, we've heard your horror stories but anyone have any stories about that time the big bad pet store got it right?
Aside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I went to a Walmart with Very healthy fish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote